Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the way i see it i have 3 options for changing my squishy stock suspension on the my10 foz

1- swift springs - cost $410 installed - no risk since many users have them and enjoy them- not very much of a drop though

2- 2009+ wrx stock springs onto current stock struts - found sets online for as low as $50, so with install about $170 - should give me a bigger drop with a stiffer spring rate - bit of a risk since no one i can find has done this exact swap. not sure how it will turn out

3 - full 2009+ wrx suspension swap - around $300 so $420 installed - should get me a good drop and good performance feel - again not sure if anyone has done it and not sure what the outcome would be

hmmmm what to do

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
Here is a wrench in your thoughts. I am going with KYB GR2s and Swift Spec-R Springs. Using the '04 WRX Sedan version. Just waiting on one more strut on backorder. I can't wait.

·
Registered
2009 xt
13 Posts
G'Day BJ

How much lower do you reckon this setup will go. I'm curious as I am in Australia and can't seem to get my hands on KYB's, apparently not available for the 09 SH yet.

Cheers

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
im going to guess older judging by his pic. and also do u know how much each different swap would drop your car

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as of yet i only know that sift drop would be 1 inch. i am pretty sure option 2 would be about 2 to 2.5 inches and option 3 would be maybe 3 inches

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Not sure of the spring rates for '08+ WRX, but the '02-'07 stock WRX springs are softer than the stock Forester ones, just keep that in mind.

Stan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts