Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy posts a simple question, and most people act like d-bags and post worthless crap. it was a simple question and if you don't want to answer it then ignore the thread. Yes he probably shoud have searched, but doing a search on NASIOC sucks for the most part and it is hard to find what your looking for.

The thread I'm refering to:
Best place for a TUNE in WA? - NASIOC

Next time these people are in a new city and try to ask where the nearest resturant is, I hope the answer they get is "buy and map and search dumbass!"

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,062 Posts
That one was pretty mild by NASIOC standards!

I'd rate it one :puke: out of five. Maybe two.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
I hate "Cliquish" forums and although that will usually be the case to some degree with the majority of forums, it is not usually the case around here and from what I have seen, new members are generally treated with at least a little bit of respect no matter how ignorant of the site features or protocols they happen to be.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT 4EAT
234 Posts
I hate "Cliquish" forums and although that will usually be the case to some degree with the majority of forums, it is not usually the case around here and from what I have seen, new members are generally treated with at least a little bit of respect no matter how ignorant of the site features or protocols they happen to be.
I've also found that forester owners tend to be smarter than your average bear :Banane35:

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
forester owners are ummm, intellectuals of sorts ;) I signed up for nasioc when I first got my Subie but have really been on there only once or twice since then...

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
Use Nasioc for classifieds. Filled with a bunch of young kiddos that hide behind their keyboard insulting everyone. To top it off most of the mods are children as well and act no different. I NEVER ask questions on there. Being female all I get is "**** or GTFO"
SF.org is in a different class all together :)

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
I've also found that forester owners tend to be smarter than your average bear :Banane35:
Well, I can't really argue about that I suppose because back when I was 30, I had to take an IQ test for a career opportunity and they said mine was clocked at 138 to which I replied, "Then your clock must be broken," lol.

Seriously though, I believe folks at least seem more intelligent than others when they behave in, at a bare minimum, a semi-respectful manner toward one another which most often is the case on this forum and furthermore, I also tend to agree that Forester owners are "smarter than the average" bear because all things considered, the Forester is a very sensible vehicle when it comes to a mini-SUV with a great drive train, something I can't really say for any other vehicles in this class and price range because at the end of the day, the rest just don't stack up functionally speaking and although the Forester may not be as pretty or feature packed as the rest of the competition, it wins hands down where it counts the most.

Long live the Forester and long live SF.org and the idiots making life miserable for folks over at NASIOC can all get stuffed, lol.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
I was so horrified when, I bought I Mazdaspeed3, how the forums compared to this one.

Fixed. Speed gone.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
I'll tell you why I personally HATE NASIOC.

Other than whiny asshats that troll that entire site, I have a bitter taste because just about everything I've purchased from their classifieds has been crap. That "joegrind" guy that I bought my replacement motor from, you know, the one I paid almost $2,000 for.......and he said it was "100% original and was in perfect running condition". Well, turns out that the driver's side head cam cap was mismatched (meaning it was NOT original), which caused the cam to seize, which caused the timing belt to snap, which meant I got to spend the next couple of months and $3,000 MORE to fix it.

Then (unknowingly), I sold the same heads to g00fy and he is actually the one who then informed me that the cam cap was mismatched to the head. After I learned this from g00fy, it all made sense of why the motor blew up in my face.

So yeah, NASIOC can suck it.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
Use Nasioc for classifieds. Filled with a bunch of young kiddos that hide behind their keyboard insulting everyone. To top it off most of the mods are children as well and act no different. I NEVER ask questions on there. Being female all I get is "**** or GTFO"
SF.org is in a different class all together :)
^^ Same here, I lurk over there quite a bit but I don't post for the same reason.. being a girl myself, I don't blame you at all.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
^^ You're a girl? I've been thinking you were a dude this whole time! lol. :biggrin: Apologies.

·
Registered
2006 FAXT 5mt
525 Posts
we ll you can't expect people who saw to fast too furious and talked their parents into buying them a car that they have no clue about , to give you the kind of ansewer like that. i find most people on here are dedicated subaru fanatics or people with at least half of a brain. people with the fore sight to see that u may need more room than two back seats of a sedan can provide. i bought my first subaru 86 loyale for one reason, i needed a car i could drive without a license. and well i never saw one of these funny lookin lesbian soocer mom mobiles ever being pulled over. so unwittingly i bought what would be the first of seven subaru wagons. it just happened to be one the fastest suv's in the would. dumb luck. SUBARU, THATS ALL WE'LL DRIVE

·
Premium Member
2010 2.5 XT Limited
342 Posts
we ll you can't expect people who saw to fast too furious and talked their parents into buying them a car that they have no clue about , to give you the kind of ansewer like that. i find most people on here are dedicated subaru fanatics or people with at least half of a brain. people with the fore sight to see that u may need more room than two back seats of a sedan can provide. i bought my first subaru 86 loyale for one reason, i needed a car i could drive without a license. and well i never saw one of these funny lookin lesbian soocer mom mobiles ever being pulled over. so unwittingly i bought what would be the first of seven subaru wagons. it just happened to be one the fastest suv's in the would. dumb luck. SUBARU, THATS ALL WE'LL DRIVE
I totally agree. the fast and furious is way to fake. I do a lot of research before I purchase my forester. I want something small size but a lot space to use, and yet has a execllent AWD system. That's why I purchase a forester. My first encounter with Subaru was way back in high school. There is a Subaru showroom on my way from my school to the train station. I always look at the showroom window I crossed by because it's the only car showroom on the way. Back then, I never through of buying Subaru, now I got one and love it... :biggrin:

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
!

^^ You're a girl? I've been thinking you were a dude this whole time! lol. :biggrin: Apologies.
oh, its no biggie, I assume everyone is a dude on here until I find out otherwise as well. Just treat everyone the same and it's all good. :Banane35:

maybe the new sig color will help :)

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
I hate it because the name always makes me think of Nazi's in the OC or something... hard to explain exactly. That and there are way too many dipsh*ts wander the pages there. You know, the ones who just pick fights with people because they can.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.