Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

A 08 and a 09...

13K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  Ken Cravillion 
#1 ·
Just Casey (jdmfantasy) and I...

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. The wheels aren't my first choise but they've been laying in the basement for the past 10 years, so I painted em black and threw em on. It was those or the stockers... Someday she'll see some Volk CE28N's, most likely black again...or bronze? Current tires are 245/45/18's. When I put the 18's on with the 35 sidewalls they looked akwardly small, so I went with the slightly larger sidewall..

New exhaust is in the works to replace the stock rust tubes, and a few other things... I'll get some rear shor when the new exhaust is on.
Pics turned out nice, thanks Ken. How the others look??

#16 ·
Casey......Just as a thought I would look into possibly having your door handles electroplated black, if they can do it, kinda like what they do to car emblems. I don't know how it will hold up but I think it would look good on the black FOZ. Since mine is the satin white the chrome looks good to me on that color. I am also glad to see that you are changing some opinions on the SH! :biggrin:

#17 ·
I thought about switching out the handles to black, and believe me you're not the first person to say something... along with the black sports grill. For some reason the chrome doesn't bother me though. That may change over time like most everything else..
And again, thanks for all the compliments guys. I'd have to say it looks even better in person..

#24 ·
have a tint shop do some kind of all red or black overlays for the taillights similiar to the 08+ sti's do, darken the headlights a little bit and that thing will be sick. now you just need the xti swap like subaru did for sema.

can't wait to see your write up on the roof rail shaving

and ken...frsb svns...what stupid wheels(tongue in cheek since i have the same ones)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.