Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returning member, used to have an 04 xs. Wife has a 05 ll bean. I'm looking at picking up a 99 Fozzie. I wanted to know if there were any lift kits for a 99? If so size lifts are available?

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
Might read here http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f153/group-buy-1-aluminum-lift-spacers-98-08-sf-sg-forester-subtle-solutions-60441/
Apart from that you gotta try ask the australian forester owners.
And you could also order King springs from australia. It wont give you a solid lift tho but it will get restored to normal height++ (shipping price is high)
But with that you also should replace the struts so that could cost you alot.
Cheapest option is making some lift blocks yourself but it's also the hardest.
Last thing after the lift of anykind you need to do a 4wd alignment and to get that right you need to invest in a couple of camber bolts for the rear struts as there ain't any in the oem setup. Luckily camber bolts don't cost very much.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1999 subaru forester s
218 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts

·
Registered
1999 subaru forester s
218 Posts
yea i think the sg suspension might be cheper if he can find it used , i got a ful set up with 20,000miles on for $200 and the blocks havent been set in stone yet, i think im going to pull a page out of frogstars book and make my own

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info I'll have to check into all the sugestions above.

I didn't know you could swap in the 2nd gen suspension. Is that expensive or a pain?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts