Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 legacy outback limit manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 legacy outback 2.5 5 speed . When the car has set in cold temperature it does not want to start. i have to crank and crank and hold the gas pedal to the floor in order for it to start. once it is warmed up it seems to be real sluggish and then just takes off. also it wants to idle low around 700 rpm and the exaust smells rich. it does not use oil. the exaust sounds like it churps or has a miss. the engine sounds smooth .the car has 150k miles on it. does anyone have any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
A few questions up front.
Do you have a block heater installed and/or plugged in? How old is the battery on the car? What oil are you running in the car? And does the car run normally once everything is up to temperature?

·
Registered
99 legacy outback limit manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a block heater. the battery is less than a year old and its a gel battery. the temperature has been in the single digits lows at night below 0 . I am running 5w20 oil.
I am getting a o2 heater ckt 1 fault . Im not sure if this is the problem. The car runs ok after its warmed up . It seems a little sluggish soetimes. I went through and replaced 6ft
of vacuum line . the car seemed to run better. The exaust smells rich .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts