Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm all ears to help on this topic, i am trying to install a new momo automatic shift knob, but i can't get the stock one off and out lol.

I've tried unscrewing the screws of the lever and pulling, putting it in drive and pulling, everything i can think of, i've tried.

So i need help please, anything is great, links or instructions i need it.

I'm actually starting to wonder if you can't get the knob off lol

·
Registered
1998 Forester
95 Posts
hey stue, there is a small wire clip under the thumb button. remove that and the button should pop out with spring and then you can lift off the knob.
i would be keen to see your new knob as i found my shift stick needs to lift up to engage, and not down, so i was unable to find a replacement knob that works.
cheers,

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey stue, there is a small wire clip under the thumb button. remove that and the button should pop out with spring and then you can lift off the knob.
i would be keen to see your new knob as i found my shift stick needs to lift up to engage, and not down, so i was unable to find a replacement knob that works.
cheers,

Thanks very much!!

Thats all i was after . thanks once again.:woohoo:

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so i managed to get the shifter off! , i am wanting to replace the stock shifter with a Momo Automatico Shifter,

Do you think this will work, if not how can i make it work?

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
OK so i managed to get the shifter off! , i am wanting to replace the stock shifter with a Momo Automatico Shifter,

Do you think this will work, if not how can i make it work?
The tough part will be figuring out how to get the button/mechanism onto the momo knob, since the momo knob does not have one.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Not really. The MOMO AT knob comes in two separate pieces, you may be able to somehow attach the button to the top of the knob and run the wires or mechanism in the inside of the knob, but not sure if that would work at all. Not sure, just thinking out loud here.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not really. The MOMO AT knob comes in two separate pieces, you may be able to somehow attach the button to the top of the knob and run the wires or mechanism in the inside of the knob, but not sure if that would work at all. Not sure, just thinking out loud here.
Hmm worth a shot i suppose, how would i attach the lever tp the momo AT shifter would be the next question?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts