Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 forester s auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else still own there 98 foresters mine has 190k miles needs timing belt and cam seals replaced along with a o ring on the wire harness that goes into the tranny its been so cold I haven't needed to add any fluids this winter lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
00/4 Forester S, X Auto, Auto
318 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you are going to do the belt you need to go ahead and replace it all. Water pump, sprockets, everything. Do it once and you won't have to repeat it for a long time.

·
Registered
1998 forester s auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on doing all of it no point in only doing some of it since its all rite there any way just waiting for income tax to come in and I love my 98 best vehicle I've ever had and haven't had trouble with it yet besides some leaks and normal things and the head gaskets were done when I bought it from Subaru last year I'm going to swap in a limited slip rear deferential this year I've took this down some paths that some jeeps were stuck on lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1998 Forester S 4EAT
574 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you are going to do the belt you need to go ahead and replace it all. Water pump, sprockets, everything. Do it once and you won't have to repeat it for a long time.
^ yes. Do it all, even the tensioner. Dont skip out on this, I did and my pulleys broke. I got very lucky but others haven't.

Replacement is very easy, buy a set of cam holders, it will go much quicker and easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts