Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester l
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 forester that I am a bit of promblems with, it seems that when it is a rainy misty day the ccar starts running ruff and miss fireing, and the code a friend said is a mis fire code, it dose not do this when it is a heavy rain, or snow or running though puddles only when it is a mist, seem that something is gettin moisture somewhere it shouldn't be. so any sugestions I am thinking plug wires and distributer if this car has one thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
I have a 98 forester that I am a bit of promblems with, it seems that when it is a rainy misty day the ccar starts running ruff and miss fireing, and the code a friend said is a mis fire code, it dose not do this when it is a heavy rain, or snow or running though puddles only when it is a mist, seem that something is gettin moisture somewhere it shouldn't be. so any sugestions I am thinking plug wires and distributer if this car has one thanks in advance
There is a good chance it could be a combination of ignition components. You can try what has been suggested here before. If you have a spray bottle that provides a fine mist, you can spray mist the ignition coils and see if you have any changes in how the car idles, you might even see some sparks. If you do find that this is the problem I would change the wires at the same time as replacing the coil pack.

Do you know when the spark plugs were changed last? If you don't know they should be changed first. A worn plug can also cause a misfire.

I'm sure other's will offer up some advice but you have to start somewhere.

Keep us posted as to what you find. Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts