Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 L
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

thanks for all the help with previous problems. finally got a lot of the bugs works out of the car after head gasket replacement. got it running well enough to get the codes checked (even though there is no CEL on). it is pulling multiple codes:

P0130
P0136
P0500
P1100
P1101
P1120
P1121
P1540

Could i have a bad ground? sensors not plugged in correctly? bad electronic control module? or could have all of these sensors gone bad all at the same time?

Thanks for all your help!

Scott

·
Registered
1998 L
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok i might be a dumba$$ i guess i should read stuff before posting, because i had the two green plugs plugged together under the dash creating it to be in diagnostic mode. off to get the codes checked again!

Thanks for not making fun of me

hey guys,

thanks for all the help with previous problems. finally got a lot of the bugs works out of the car after head gasket replacement. got it running well enough to get the codes checked (even though there is no CEL on). it is pulling multiple codes:

P0130
P0136
P0500
P1100
P1101
P1120
P1121
P1540

Could i have a bad ground? sensors not plugged in correctly? bad electronic control module? or could have all of these sensors gone bad all at the same time?

Thanks for all your help!

Scott

·
Registered
1998 L
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so i was in diagnostic mode....so shoot me. so went and got the codes checked and YAY no codes found......which is good news. bad news there is still some hesitation when i drive and am switching between gears. any ideas?

Scott

Ok i might be a dumba$$ i guess i should read stuff before posting, because i had the two green plugs plugged together under the dash creating it to be in diagnostic mode. off to get the codes checked again!

Thanks for not making fun of me

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Has the front o2 been replaced? Kind of expensive to replace, but it could have been affected if you were getting coolant in the cylinders due to the bad headgasket.

When do you usually get the hesitation?

Other things to check:
Knock sensor
Plugs/wires/coilpack
Maf if equipped
Air/fuel filter
Fuel pump (the filters and the pump can have a huge effect on drivability without throwing a cel)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts