Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it all started with a battery put on backwards it fried my locking system and some fuses, but now about a week later it snows and my car won't start. I initially think it's the battery so i jump it, it starts up moments later it dies, and no response from any electrical. I put new battery in it nothing, new terminals then it starts up... This time! check engine light is blinking it dies no response....! I have not a clue i need help.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,010 Posts
@Subiforesterguy I see you're new to the forum, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Normally, from past forum posts I've seen, when a battery is jumped with the +/- reversed, the main fuse will blow, SBF-1. Once that fuse is replaced, everything is back to normal.

I would think hooking the battery, +/- reversed would be the same. :confused:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Bobby...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
So it all started with a battery put on backwards it fried my locking system and some fuses, but now about a week later it snows and my car won't start. I initially think it's the battery so i jump it, it starts up moments later it dies, and no response from any electrical. I put new battery in it nothing, new terminals then it starts up... This time! check engine light is blinking it dies no response....! I have not a clue i need help.
I'll address the white elephant in the room.
Sooooo, how did the battery get installed backwards???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts