Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Forester L
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'd been looking into replacing my cupholders for a while. I bought replacements and was ready to install them. But, there weren't any definitive instructions I could find on how to replace them. I decided to create a small tutorial for you guys :)

This procedure should work for all SF from 1998-2002. I did this on a 2002 Forester L, so that's the prefix.

-----

I. Replacing the Front Cupholders

i. First, get a good Philips screwdriver (and maybe a drill bit extension if you have big hands :wink: )

ii. Pull out the cupholders and there will be two screws on each side. Unscrew 'em.

iii. Contrary to popular belief, you do NOT need to remove the radio, A/C control unit, etc. to remove the cupholders. Just get a good, firm grip on the whole thing and pull it out.

iv. Bingo! Glad to get that nasty thing out.

v. Now just pop in the new one, tighten the screws, and you're good to go.

II. Replacing the Rear Cupholders

i. This step may not be necessary, but after removing the armrest/other cup holders, it seems like these screws exerted some pressure on the rear cupholders, so I just removed it. It was simple, anyway. Just remove the two screws and lightly pull out the armrest.

ii. Same as before—just gently pull out those cupholders and they should follow.

iii. To put these in, you'll need to feel for a lip on the bottom and pivot them on it to fit them in.

iv. All in a day's work!

I hope this will be useful! Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo Manual
932 Posts
Good guide.

I replaced the whole, lighter grey bottom half of my dash and centre console with that from an Impreza, so its all one colour. But I do miss the rear cup holders as I couldn't fit those into the Impreza centre console.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Forester L
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good guide.

I replaced the whole, lighter grey bottom half of my dash and centre console with that from an Impreza, so its all one colour. But I do miss the rear cup holders as I couldn't fit those into the Impreza centre console.
Ah, nice! Is it a perfect fit? Air vents and everything?

Those rear cupholders come in handy Many years of usage caused mine to break off entirely!

Tapatalk を使用して私の LG-RS988 から送信

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo Manual
932 Posts
Yeah, the Impreza and Forester have the same dash apart from the rear cupholders are an ash tray on the Impreza. There was no changing of the air vents as they are all in the top half.
Like here:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts