Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am a new Subaru owner. I purchased a used 2007 Subaru with 93,000 miles. After buying I keep hearing all the head gasket horror stories. I am getting ready to have the timing belt and water pump done should I just get the head gaskets replaced now. The mechanic is going to do the timing included in price of heads if I get them done same time. I am just scared to get timing done now and a few months later the head gaskets need done. Thank you all so much.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,750 Posts
@Jlivingston083 I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

If doing the head gaskets, with the timing belt maintenance, fits in your budget, go for it! :wink:

Keep in mind, if the head gaskets are not done properly, they can fail again. Same with the timing belt maintenance, if all the wear parts are not replaced, the timing belt could fail causing serious engine damage... a VERY expensive repair! :icon_eek:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Bobby...

·
Registered
'17 Impreza Hatchback CVT
820 Posts
+1, have it done properly and you should be in great shape. Most folks will say that a proper HG job will require pulling the engine.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,162 Posts
Agree with the above. The guy better have done a ton of subaru in the past

1 - 5 of 5 Posts