Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped out the stock high beam 9005 bulbs in our new Forester for the recommended 9011 bulbs. I am very gratified by the extra light, but they are showing a shadow area over the top of the low beam bulbs that is annoying. It is as if the high beam bulb is aimed too high. I looked and am not seeing a way to adjust the low and high beams separately. Am I missing something? Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD
650 Posts
How far are you seeing the shadow ahead? Remember high beams are for long distance, up close say against a wall you’ll see all kinds of strange things.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is well down the road where it matters. I may put the old bulbs back in and see what difference it makes in the pattern, but I don't recall a shadow. I may not be describing it well. If you have the low beams on, look at the end of the light on a dark road. The switch on the beams. There is a small shadow area between where the two beams are aimed. It does not bother my wife, but it does bother me.

There is a also good bit of light going very high as well. I will check the aim of the headlight assemblies, but I don't want to aim them lower. The low beams are not bothering other drivers and if I lower the aim to get the high beams down, then I lose some distance with them, though it would make use of the high beam light now going into the trees.

Ah, for the good old days with quad rectangular lights that could each be aimed! I used to replace those with European lamps that worked really well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts