Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone performed the wiring for a 7-pole connector with a brake controller?

I have already installed the curt hitch with 4-pole connector on my 08 Forester. So phase 1 is complete and everything so far works perfectly.

Now I need to install my Prodigy brake control module I purchased along with the ETBC-7 wiring kit and I'm a little hesitant to start running wires underneath the car.

Has anyone done this? If so, any advice would be appreciated. For example, where did you run the wires? I know we need the wire to run from front to back from the engine compartment and we have another wire which goes through the firewall from the engine compartment to the brake controller.

·
Registered
2008 Forester
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I end up getting this done I'll be sure to put together a "howto" for fellow members.

No one has performed this job eh?

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
I've done it on my 2000 Ford pickup, but not on a Forester. Sorry I couldn't help.

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
357 Posts
There are a couple of well written DIY threads in the forum. Search for brake controller and you should find them.

·
Registered
2008 Forester
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All done! I worked through it on my own and the job is complete and works great. I'll put together a howto when I have some spare time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts