Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Editorial Content
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A look at 7 affordable and effective performance and visual modifications for your ride

Whether it’s more speed and power, more sound, better handling, or improved looks that convey a driver’s individuality, vehicle modification is gaining popularity, and lies at the heart of a billion-dollar industry that’s popular around the globe. Countless manufacturers have joined the aftermarket parts scene, giving shoppers nearly infinite options to customize their car, truck, wagon or crossover.

With an arsenal of upgrade parts available from mild to wild, eBay is the go-to source for aftermarket upgrades for shoppers around the world. Below, we’ll look at some popular upgrade mods for your ride, which create a big impact for a minimal price.

Read more about 7 Best Modifications for Your Vehicle.

·
Registered
2011 2.5X Premium PZEV 4EAT
1,036 Posts
Well, no. Here's mine:
1. Full size spare vs. donut
2. DIY sunshade extensions
3. Repaint the bright center console surround to stop glare
4. Move the "hidden" seat heater switches to full view
5. Replace the ungainly extendable armrest
6. Add a trash container
7. Raise the passenger seat height (2011) to be able to see out the front.
8. (working on it...)

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT 5spd Manual
354 Posts
Well, no. Here's mine:
1. Full size spare vs. donut
2. DIY sunshade extensions
3. Repaint the bright center console surround to stop glare
4. Move the "hidden" seat heater switches to full view
5. Replace the ungainly extendable armrest
6. Add a trash container
7. Raise the passenger seat height (2011) to be able to see out the front.
8. (working on it...)
You need a booster seat? I'm always lowering and moving back my seats.

·
Registered
2015 XT Premium CVT
131 Posts
Still, not a bad meme... I'll bite:
1) Side mirror turn signals to my XT Premium
2) Yakima round bars and Load Stops (moved 1/2 the furniture in my house using those)
3) Disconnecting the seatbelt chime cable
4) Cobb Stage 1
5) DRL leds in the front bumper fish gills
6) Updating the really, really, ridiculously terrible, speakers
7) 20mm rear sway bar

·
Registered
2014 XT Touring CVT
132 Posts
2) Yakima round bars and Load Stops (moved 1/2 the furniture in my house using those)
4) Cobb Stage 1
7) 20mm rear sway bar
Does the Premium not come with the Harmon Kardons, or do you consider them terrible? I have a 14 XT Touring, I think they're really good.

·
Registered
2015 XT Premium CVT
131 Posts
Does the Premium not come with the Harmon Kardons, or do you consider them terrible? I have a 14 XT Touring, I think they're really good.
It does not. It's offered as an upgrade (and generally well worth it) but I put the money towards other speakers with a similar net result.

·
Registered
2005 Exploder
2 Posts
Thank you. I wonder if anyone has collected a list of the tsi parts that could be purchased after-market to improve on a stock Forrester?

"Tokyo, November 25, 2014 - Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI)*1 today announced the release of the Subaru "Forester tS", which goes on sale on November 25 through Subaru dealerships in Japan.

With a development concept focused on creating an on-road vehicle which has a rugged styling, responsive handling performance and quality feel, the Forester tS offers an enhanced version of the driving performance the Forester provides as an SUV, delivering the ultimate in driving enjoyment and pleasure of ownership.

The Forester tS benefits from its own exclusive tuning the "S# (Sport Sharp) mode" for "SI-DRIVE". Driving performance has also been enhanced by the adoption of "brembo" ventilated disc brakes, BBS-designed 19-inch forged aluminum wheels and STI-designed front and rear under spoilers. The exclusively tuned suspension and use of STI's unique flexible parts mean that, under any conditions, the Forester tS delivers the "strong and nimble" driving feel on which STI prides itself."

Looks like Aussies get it first...
(note I cant submit the link as I am new, and the system requires more posts before it allows links, but if you google "wheelsmag reviews 2016 subaru forester ts review, you can find it. )

Back to the future...
(google caranddriver reviews subaru forester sti 2004)

·
Registered
2015 Xt premium HTCVT
367 Posts
Thank you. I wonder if anyone has collected a list of the tsi parts that could be purchased after-market to improve on a stock Forrester?

"Tokyo, November 25, 2014 - Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI)*1 today announced the release of the Subaru "Forester tS", which goes on sale on November 25 through Subaru dealerships in Japan.

With a development concept focused on creating an on-road vehicle which has a rugged styling, responsive handling performance and quality feel, the Forester tS offers an enhanced version of the driving performance the Forester provides as an SUV, delivering the ultimate in driving enjoyment and pleasure of ownership.

The Forester tS benefits from its own exclusive tuning the "S# (Sport Sharp) mode" for "SI-DRIVE". Driving performance has also been enhanced by the adoption of "brembo" ventilated disc brakes, BBS-designed 19-inch forged aluminum wheels and STI-designed front and rear under spoilers. The exclusively tuned suspension and use of STI's unique flexible parts mean that, under any conditions, the Forester tS delivers the "strong and nimble" driving feel on which STI prides itself."

Looks like Aussies get it first...
(note I cant submit the link as I am new, and the system requires more posts before it allows links, but if you google "wheelsmag reviews 2016 subaru forester ts review, you can find it. )

Back to the future...
(google caranddriver reviews subaru forester sti 2004)
Here you go

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/jdm-sti-parts-sj-foresters-526577/

·
Registered
2017 Forester premium
1 Posts
4) Cobb Stage 1
7) 20mm rear sway bar
did the sway bar right away handles much better
stereo up next

·
Registered
2017 Forester
83 Posts
Hi,