Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just out of curiosity really , no disrespect meant or intended . If a vendor is a preferred vendor of a group of this size, isn't there supposed to be some sort of incentive for the members of the group to use the preferred vendor?

I haven't been a member of this group very long ,but what was our incentive ?

I asked about a set of geolanders and was quoted the price listed to anyone that types in Home - Discount Tire Direct and directed to the DTD site .

Other than the useful tire knowledge I see that has been given to some folks .. . , thank you DTD ...... whats the point ?

again no disrespect ,supporting vendors are very important - I am just curious

·
Supporting Vendor
2008 All
883 Posts
Hello 2003Suby,

I asked myself some of the same questions when I joined my first forums years ago. I really didn't understand the whole deal until I sat on the side of the vendor.

I have been a member of forums both big and small and I can tell you from my experience that a forums is only as good as its members, its moderators and its vendors. Each are important and without one our hobbies don't go far. Members bring the drive and provide personal experiences. They feed off each other, inspire each other to push the envelope and encourage the market to head in different directions. Moderators keep things organized (and sane at times). They keep topics on topic, they help keep heads level and they provide expert advice and insight, (usually from first hand experience). Last we come to vendors. Vendors do a lot of things, some better than others. First off they pay. This is huge. Without vendors paying to advertise members would have to pay for their own memberships. I don't know about you but as much as I like the forums that I visit for personal use, I really don't want to pay to use them. Vendors provide expert advice. (this is one of those things that some vendors do better than others) Quality vendors know their products, know their market and know the answers to technical questions that people may have. Good vendors also listen and learn. Vendors often have an influence on the products and services that are offered in a market and can help to persuade product manufactures to build new and improved products.

So back to your question... Why should a member purchase from a supporting vendor with or without an extra discount?

I look at it like this... If the vendor is supporting my community by just slapping a bunch of banners up that's one thing. If they place banners, interact with members and provide helpful insights that's another thing. If they do all that and they already have the best price what more can I ask for? Sure everyone likes discounts but I, personally, don't care if my shopping cart has a "discount in it". What's more important to me is that I am getting the very best price.

Unlike some of our competition we don't offer discounts to select groups. Instead we guarantee the lowest delivered price to everyone that purchases from us everyday. If you have every purchased from Discount Tire you know that we stand behind our products (sometimes even more than the product manufacturer) and services and if you ever have an issue with an order we WILL make it right. Discount Tire is the largest independent wheel and tire retailer in the world and we didn't get this way by doing the wrong thing. All I can ask is for you to give us a shot.

-Travis

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
well said! what we dont seem to realize sometimes being a consumer, places lik DTD already offer the cheapest prices around along w/ great customer service. its hard to put a price on that!

btw you have a pm travis! im about to purchase a new set of race rubber for this season.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
Yup, Just purchased my second set of tires in 2 years from DTD because they have the best prices period, and their shipping is ridiculously fast.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,163 Posts
Travis,

Do you accept SUBARUFORESTER as promo code? :biggrin:

Discount Tire Direct is great... I bought a set of tires last year at local DTD...cheap price and I got free coffee too...

·
Supporting Vendor
2008 All
883 Posts
well said! what we dont seem to realize sometimes being a consumer, places lik DTD already offer the cheapest prices around along w/ great customer service. its hard to put a price on that!

btw you have a pm travis! im about to purchase a new set of race rubber for this season.
Yup, Just purchased my second set of tires in 2 years from DTD because they have the best prices period, and their shipping is ridiculously fast.
Travis,

Do you accept SUBARUFORESTER as promo code? :biggrin:

Discount Tire Direct is great... I bought a set of tires last year at local DTD...cheap price and I got free coffee too...
Thank you for you continued support everyone. We really appreciate the kind words :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts