Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just completed the STI mods to my 04 FXT 4 speed A/T. Just a quick recap on mods.
VF48
STI TMIC with STI BOV
Up pipe
Down pipe and 3" cat back system
740cc injectors
Dyno tune and ECU Flash

I finally got everything dialed in, except when traveling on highway at 60 to 65 MPH and vehicle is under any load (going up a hill) it stumbles. I drove the vehicle with the guy that tuned it, with his lap top hooked up, and no fault or misfire appears on data. His thought is that the torque converter is locking and unlocking but the vehicle will not down shift on its own. If I manually down shift the problem goes away or is nonexistent.

I guess my question is if anyone's run into this?
If the problem is the tranny, is this adjustable?

Thanks in advance

·
Forum Member
2004 FXT
952 Posts
bump for you. I wish I had the answer, since im going to be taking the VF## upgrade soon and also have an 04 FXT 4EAT.

I was talking to a guy I bought some parts off of and he had warned me about putting too much power to the 4EAT, causing torque converter problems. So, this may be on-par with that.

What do you have it tuned for? hp/tq?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump for you. I wish I had the answer, since im going to be taking the VF## upgrade soon and also have an 04 FXT 4EAT.

I was talking to a guy I bought some parts off of and he had warned me about putting too much power to the 4EAT, causing torque converter problems. So, this may be on-par with that.

What do you have it tuned for? hp/tq?
I spoke to my tuning guy today. He tuned it for somewhere in the middle, for good torque and hp. Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if the shift point for the overdrive is adjustable? I went back to the stock fuel injectors and the problem got better, but still doesn't down shift when I think it should. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts