Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 forester xt
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering has anyone ever completed a 6 sp swap, and where can I find a tranny????

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,472 Posts
Tom @ Kartboy and RoundThe Bend have both done a 6spd swap on their FXT's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Old post but I am searching for the same info. Does anyone have a list of parts that are required to install an STi 6spd into a Forester XT?

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,255 Posts
To do it right, all of the running gear from an STi. Trans, linkage, clutch/flywheel/pressure plate, clutch hydraullics, shifter, driveshaft, rear diff, all axles, all hubs, brakes, etc.

It's not cheap to do it all.

·
Registered
2005 forester xt
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
parts

There's a drivetrain on craigs list bay area right now, you will also need a drive shaft from a auto trans, give a lic motorsports a call talk to adam, he set mine up very nice..www.licmotorsports.com, If you get a dccd tranny you can get a aftermarket controller from www.neetronics.com in canada.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,255 Posts
Yea, the on-the-cheap way to do it is just get the trans, and use your existing clutch and flywheel and pressure plate, as well as clutch hydraullics. You just ned the trans, shifter, and crossmember I believe. Then it's just a matter of using an auto-driveshaft and you can use your stock rear diff.

Just make sure you get the final drive ratios set up correctly. Front must equal rear.

AND, if you DON'T use some kind of DCCD controller, you will not be able to reliably dyno the car.

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
i would say email tom at kartboy or round the bend on nasioc and they will be happy to help. I do know that round the bend wentto pacific imports they have done a few of these swaps even on a sf5. they are building a Forester STi now.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Just to throw in another option I might be doing next year is the RA gear sets (scroll down):
http://www.gruppe-s.com/forester/fortrn.htm
Don't bother wasting your money on the RA gears, they aren't worth it and are just slightly stronger than the super fragile old style WRX 5 speed gears.

If you are going to do it, do it right. Go w/ 5spd PPG gears or the WRX STi 6spd tranny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts