Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5x premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5,000 miles into my first subaru combined with one of the worst winters Iowa has ever seen has me nervous about buying any car other than a Subaru. I still have the stock Geolanders on and they work like a charm. Although I do plan on buying a set of snow wheels/tires in the future. We're supposed to get up to NINE more inches of snow today and I'm looking forward to it. Nothing better than a storm on the weekend!! On workdays when I wake up to go to work and the roads haven't been plowed, its great!! The interstate just becomes a rally track, the forester goes right through it!! The drive to work becomes the best part of my day. When I actually get to work and climb behind the wheel of a Semi with a 53' trailer...not so much. So far every storm that comes through makes me feel even better about buying the forester.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
Mine just hit 12,000 miles and I am definitely pleased with my purchase. Our Honda Element goes great in deep snow in a straight line however it requires a VERY delicate touch on curves. The Forester kicks arse in the twisties and on slush, ice, heavy rain etc. I pull away from 4X4 trucks and conventional SUV's after stops- love the frustrated looks on the other driver's faces as they spin 4 wheels and I zoom off like its dry pavement. (My Nokian tires help for sure:biggrin) Really appreciate the good heater in the FOZ too.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
74 Posts
At 11000 on mine now not a lot of snow but enough to make me feel like a kid with a new toy all over again , GOTTA LOVE THE FOZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts