Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2010 X limited 4EAT
38 Posts
It has become unavailable for a few days now.

Anyone who got a hold of the pdf for MY2010 Forester?

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
16 Posts
Although it say's the file is temporarily unavailable, clicking on the PDF symbol beside the written descriptions allows you to download the file.

·
Registered
2003 X automatic
24 Posts
No differential or transmission fluid change required; other strange things

I just looked at the 500 km chart for NA four cylinder engines for 1990-2009MY and found it notable that there is no recommendation for changing differential or transmission fluids. Not even an ATF drain and fill. Just inspection. Are the forum members who replace fluids regularly wasting their time and money?

Also, the oil analysis starting at 168 km recommendation is odd. If the oil is not holding up damage will have been done long before 168 km. Or is this Subaru's way of detecting internal head gasket leaks.

And what is a "drive belt", as opposed to timing or accessory belts? Was there a CVT in the early 90's?

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Automatic
62 Posts
I just looked at the 500 km chart for NA four cylinder engines for 1990-2009MY and found it notable that there is no recommendation for changing differential or transmission fluids. Not even an ATF drain and fill. Just inspection. Are the forum members who replace fluids regularly wasting their time and money?

Also, the oil analysis starting at 168 km recommendation is odd. If the oil is not holding up damage will have been done long before 168 km. Or is this Subaru's way of detecting internal head gasket leaks.

And what is a "drive belt", as opposed to timing or accessory belts? Was there a CVT in the early 90's?
When i drained and filled my 99 AT i noticed a difference in smoothness. So i dont think the money is wasted. Car has 180k kms and it was the first time it had been changed.

Edit: thought this was a fresh thread sorry for reviving it lol.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x Auto
7 Posts
Any one know why Subaru Canada has disabled these links? It's been like this for a year now. And I can't find any pdf downloads off the internet.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Columbia Edition
348 Posts
For anyone who got stuck looking for this like me, the maintenance schedules are no longer directly linked, but the links are still in the source code of the page....

1990-2009 non-turbo H4

2000-2009 non-turbo H6

2002-2011 turbo H4
www.subaru.ca/content/7907/Media/General/webimage/500k/500K_Turbo_2002-2011_MaintGuide_EN.pdf

2010-2011 non-turbo H6 - content removed
www.subaru.ca/content/7907/Media/General/webimage/500k/500K_NA_2010-2011_4&6cylinder_MaintGuide_EN.pdf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts