Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

501 - 508 of 508 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,584 Posts
@Kevin looks like one of these would dissipate the heat better. 50 watts resistor runs around $6/USD. The built in heat sink, attached to a metal surface with heat sink compound should keep it from getting too hot.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
15 Posts
Mine was a 2007. But like Kevin said, you really need to know which gearbox you have. Have a look at Power Of Your Brains on Youtube if you haven't already. Some awesome info on there. Power of your brains

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m looking at this mod on my August build 2008 S3 non turbo 4ate. The transmission has the part number TZ1B8LCZAA which when I google it is for a 2009-2010... using the service manual for 2009-2013 it gives measurements with/without the “FWD switch”. Anyone come across this? The table doesn’t differentiate between mpt/vtd

·
Registered
2 Posts
11. The only thing I wasn’t sure of is the voltage – the manual says 2-3v, we saw up to 3.8v, and we’re supplying 12v to it. I don’t expect this would be a problem, but I’d appreciate anyone’s advice or experience on that?
I was having a look at my car (2008 SH non turbo) and it sounds like you did the measurements with the engine running? The specs in the manual are for ignition on (engine not running) and I suspect the voltage will be a bit higher engine running. I also noted that with the transmission in gear (D R 1st) with ignition on but engine not running, I could hear what I think was the transfer solenoid chattering (power to the solenoid with the transfer engaged). The chatter stopped when doing the test again with the FWD fuse in place. From this I theorise that later non turbo cars need to be wired the same way as explained by alexdv. I’ll do some more measurements next weekend to confirm...

501 - 508 of 508 Posts