Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 GC Rallyx 5mt
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Time to announce the dates for the meet. June 25th and 26th. Downtown Madison at the DM lot.

Will have munchies, discounted oil changes/rotations/accessories. There's a whole list of things I'll be updating, but here's a few that you all might be interested in:

Vermont Sportscar Travis Pastrana show (no, he won't be here)
Gary Fisher Mountain Bikes crew
Dagger Kayaks crew
Various regional Rally America teams
Cheesewheel450 Charity Road Rally crew
paintless dent removal
drive after the meet covering 170+ corners (run like a spaced road rally)
awards for various contests including-best equipped for adventure-most mileage-farthest distance traveled

I'm looking for more of the Outback and Forester crowd and am looking for ideas to bring more of you in. I need to get as many people here this year as possible to justify this year's huge expenditures. Not blowing smoke here. I am really looking for input. Will be updating as we get closer.

Shannon

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Excellent. Likely won't make it due to my full summer schedule, but will keep my eyes on the date. Local events are rare in my area!

·
Registered
2004 FXT
27 Posts
Sounds awesome! But I think ill be in Canada at the time...........damm!t!!!!

·
Registered
2000 GC Rallyx 5mt
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE

Prizes from DCShoes!!

Also, the drive has been upped to 200+ corners. Navigators are required, just more fun that way. We'll be taking the same route as last year, but both directions this time. Last year we used a direct shot from the halfway point back to Quaker Steak.

Still need some volunteers. DC SRTA t-shirt for whoever fills the positions. PM for info, wait a couple days so I can copy info from other forums, or hit the thread on nasty-sock. Still much more to come.

·
Registered
2000 GC Rallyx 5mt
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A little more info for you....

New update:

Friday will be an Outdoor Enthusiast oriented gathering.

Gary Fisher Mountain Bikes will be bringing their show car, display, and if possible, some of their national team!! We're talking Olympians and national champions!

Sometime around 4:30pm, everyone can head out on a ride to the UW Arboretum and back. 17 miles round-trip including great views of Frank Lloyd Wright's Monona Terrace, Lake Monona, and, of course, the University Of Wisconsin Arboretum.

Our local retailer, Budget Bicycle will also be on hand with a bunch of their bikes and reps.

Bigger and better than ever, it's the 4th annual Madison Subaru Meet!!​

June 25th and 26th​

Vermont Sportscar will be bringing the 40ft show trailer with the Travis Pastrana Super Production rally car, his motorcross bike, and the X-Games medal. (Sorry, a visit from Travis is not included in the package. They will have crew on hand to distribute freebies and answer questions, though.)

Regional rally teams will be on hand with their race cars.

The crew from Cheesewheel450 will be here with their lead car.

Wisconsin Autosports Group will be running the post meet drive this year, again. We're looking at well over 200 curves and a delayed start going both directions down the same route!! Bring a navigator, you'll need one. Maybe we'll get someone to throw-up this year. UPDATE-- Now a do-do-it-yourself outing...Not an organized drive. If anyone would like a suggested route to take, I usually carry a few dozen copies of last year's route with me.:icon_rolleyes: I know I'll have some in the trunk that afternoon at Quaker Steak in Middleton.:icon_cool:

There will be competition again this year. Prizes given for top votes in:
Show and Shine - Prettiest car
Down and Dirty - Muddiest/best off-road vehicle
Adventurist - Best equipped for outdoor adventure
Road Trip - Farthest distance traveled to get to the show
Survivalist - Highest verifiable mileage on the vehicle (title and registration)

Of course, we'll have hot-dogs on the grill again.

There is much more to come, obviously. Go big or go home, right?! We will have other vendors and prizes, but it's a little early for the details, yet. We're also waiting to see what Subaru Of America has up their sleeve this year. Can't wait!!

The old Subaru service lot on the 800 block of East Washington Avenue -- Downtown Madison

Shannon at 608-258-3654
PM me here or email at [email protected]

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
Is this meet still happening? I haven't heard anything about it in over a month. Last time I sent the author a PM I never even got a response. Does anyone here know anything about it? I don't really want to drive almost 200 miles for nothing.

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
Wow, I guess this answers my question. What a bunch of crap. To bad that the only places that have Subaru meets are the coasts. I bet if there was a Midwest Mustang Meet there would be over 2,000 cars!:icon_frown:

·
Registered
2000 GC Rallyx 5mt
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, I guess this answers my question. What a bunch of crap. To bad that the only places that have Subaru meets are the coasts. I bet if there was a Midwest Mustang Meet there would be over 2,000 cars!:icon_frown:
No, not a bunch of crap. I pretty much stopped checking this forum because no one would post. I really want a lot of Foresters at the show, too. Don't know why I didn't get emailed when you posted before, though. I've got it set up to automatically notify me if someone posts.

It is still going on, though. I am expecting between 200-400 cars depending on the weather. We've got 3 grills for hot-dogs, a massive sound system that may get us a fine. The last couple days, I've spent all my free time at work repainting 2 old picnic tables WRB and one is going to get a bright yellow swish logo right on top tomorrow.

The best way to get updates now is to go to the Facebook page "Madison Subaru Meet"

(wouldn't allow me to post a link for some reason)(or use smileys)

Right now, I'm super busy getting everything ready. Picked up the trophies today and got the second table painted. (doing it with a brush, not a sprayer so it took forever.)

Here's the lineup:

Friday=outdoor enthusiasts day with the Gary Fisher crew, the Pastrana car, and our local bike shop as the headliners.

Saturday=motorsports day with a bunch of the local rallyx and regional Rally America teams on hand with their cars. The Pastrana show trailer and Super-production class car will be here. The Itasca IL Police STI from the Chicago Auto Show and a few of the other SOA vehicles will be here, although the police car can only be in the state for a short amount of time, so try to be here around noon if you want to check it out.

Again, I didn't mean to blow anyone off. My apologies.
Shannon

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
:Banane02: Thanks, I was about to cry!:tissue: I just got really jealous after seeing the pics on here of the Wicked Big Meet in Vermont. There was tons of cars in those pics. I also hate that I live in a sucky area with virtually no other Subaru's around. Sure, there's a few WRX's, but not very many of those even. There's only 1 Subaru dealer in the entire metro area and they've only had a Subaru franchise for about 2 years and very few cars. I know there's guys here in the Chicagoland area, I hope at least some of them go. There's a couple of guys in Rockford too. Hope there's a lot of them there.

·
Registered
2000 GC Rallyx 5mt
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:Banane02: Thanks, I was about to cry!:tissue: I just got really jealous after seeing the pics on here of the Wicked Big Meet in Vermont. There was tons of cars in those pics. I also hate that I live in a sucky area with virtually no other Subaru's around. Sure, there's a few WRX's, but not very many of those even. There's only 1 Subaru dealer in the entire metro area and they've only had a Subaru franchise for about 2 years and very few cars. I know there's guys here in the Chicagoland area, I hope at least some of them go. There's a couple of guys in Rockford too. Hope there's a lot of them there.
There will be a bunch from IL coming. I wish I had some more specific figures, but judging from the response I had last year (100 cars counted over the course of the day) versus the response this year, I am expecting at least 200 cars with 300-400 likely. Seems like everybody with a Suby I talk to knows about it. In the past it was mostly the Impreza crowd, but this time EVERYONE is trying to come.:icon_surprised:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts