Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ford Fiesta.... 5-mt!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Sorry if this is a repost, but need answer soon. I can get a low mileage 4eat out of an '07 2.5I, and I was wondering if it would be a direct plug and play swap for my '03 190K mile 4eat Baja..(also n/a)
I know the final drive is different, and I can get the rear diff thrown in as well, so that is not a problem for me.

Thanks
slow03

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hello

Sorry if this is a repost, but need answer soon. I can get a low mileage 4eat out of an '07 2.5I, and I was wondering if it would be a direct plug and play swap for my '03 190K mile 4eat Baja..(also n/a)
I know the final drive is different, and I can get the rear diff thrown in as well, so that is not a problem for me.

Thanks
slow03
I have the same question but its from a 04 XT 4eat to a 03 XS 4eat. BUMP

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
358 Posts
I do not believe Subaru has come out with a different 4EAT since 1999. As far as I know, there is only a Phase 1 and Phase 2 4EAT in the lineup, with the split happening around 1999. Switching between the years you have listed should be okay. Just be sure to unbolt the torque converter from the flex plate FIRST and then pull the motor away from the transmission.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
Subaru went to the direct-control type 4EAT for the 04 XT onward, so I believe a swap from an 03 to anything newer would involve an ECU change as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts