Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester X
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im just wanna make boxy (my Scooby) is okay. I put the guild on a napkin also the front diff fuild too. The color looks good and it doesn't smell burnt ( smells like oil). Can anyone get a second set of eyes.

·
Registered
2004 Forester X
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay that what I thought cause she squeaks when she accelerates but she old I notice a rattle too so I'm just check major components before I cause exhaust but I'm thing the cat is really gone now

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
2,900 Posts
Okay that what I thought cause she squeaks when she accelerates but she old I notice a rattle too so I'm just check major components before I cause exhaust but I'm thing the cat is really gone now
You got a video recording of the squeaks and rattles? What year is your vehicle? How many miles?

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
2,900 Posts
I heard the rattling, but really can't think of what it might be. Almost sounds regular, ie rattle, silence rattle?

·
Registered
2004 Forester X
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It only happens if the engine is at a certain load like if the transmission is in gear and I accelracte or if a/c is on and I'm just idle or if I'm idle and turning the wheel. I'm really thinking it not the transmission but the cat probably broke apart like I been having a code for the cat for a while

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
2,900 Posts
It only happens if the engine is at a certain load like if the transmission is in gear and I accelracte or if a/c is on and I'm just idle or if I'm idle and turning the wheel. I'm really thinking it not the transmission but the cat probably broke apart like I been having a code for the cat for a while
Could be a lose heat shield. Regarding the CAT, are you getting the notorious P0402?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts