Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am doing this VF39 install (almost done....as soon as I get that fustrating oil feed/banjo bolt aligned and in), I figured I would get a new downpipe.
Since I have an auto tranny does the cat in aftermarket downpipes interfer with one another. I chatted with invidia today and they seem to think that the legacy dp will fit rather than the wrx/sti one.
Can anyone confirm this or recommend a route to take. I want to stay catted and not spend a pile of dough.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Since I am doing this VF39 install (almost done....as soon as I get that fustrating oil feed/banjo bolt aligned and in), I figured I would get a new downpipe.
Since I have an auto tranny does the cat in aftermarket downpipes interfer with one another. I chatted with invidia today and they seem to think that the legacy dp will fit rather than the wrx/sti one.
Can anyone confirm this or recommend a route to take. I want to stay catted and not spend a pile of dough.

thanks
I'm 99.9% sure you can use any WRX/STi downpipe, regardless of transmission type. I'm running a Cobb catted DP in my '08 FSXT 4eat.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT SOLD
144 Posts
I have a 2005 4EAT and I was told the stock dp is the same as the STi for what that's worth. I installed a Cobb catted DP about two weeks ago and it was simple and bolted on easily. I also bolted it directly to a 2007 STi midpipe back with fairly little effort. I have no idea if I would pass smog or not as we do not test here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts