Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
360/370 here but now engine no worky...
o_O

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mmmwwaaaahhhhaaaahh........Vinny laughs at your 400hp and raises you 500hp!

just joking....nice clip there!

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,352 Posts
is that supposed to be impressive? nice looking car but 400 isn't that much really.
Well... how many Foresters besides your 500hp beast on these forums are near or over 400? :biggrin:

I'd say only a very select few, so it's fairly special. Not counting Foresters though, 400hp isn't that big of a deal there are plenty of STIs and other cars that can do that relatively easily depending on budgets of course.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
is that supposed to be impressive? nice looking car but 400 isn't that much really.
I think it's impressive if the block is stock. I didn't think a stock block, especially the pistons, could handle that. Plus 419wtq before 4k rpms; yes please!

But what do I know, I'm "only" making 311whp and still don't know the torque. And oh how the SG9's are so much better looking that the stupid SG5s; especially the silver ones. :raspberry:

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
Actually, it is. What's your point?
no its not, 400hp ej25's are everywhere these days, and growing with the popularity of e85. just because the general majority of forester drivers don't go this route doesn't mean this is revolutionary. and i made over 430 on my stock block with vp109 with my dom4

not that i like agreeing with the black box but he is sort of right about buying a dyno number. If/when I sell my car you better believe I am going to a local dynapack dyno and throwing some q16 in and instead of 495hp, i will have a 550hp forester since dynapacks read higher.

when will people realize that dyno's are tuning tools and tracks are measures of speed. that why I always say as of right now, I have the highest HP forester(there may be higher but not that i have seen) but Dale has the fastest

(sorry my video doesn't have a cool sound track and fancy editing)

Edit: i love modlivings car(though better with the old wheels) and I am not taking anything away from it

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
I think it's impressive if the block is stock. I didn't think a stock block, especially the pistons, could handle that. Plus 419wtq before 4k rpms; yes please!

But what do I know, I'm "only" making 311whp and still don't know the torque. And oh how the SG9's are so much better looking that the stupid SG5s; especially the silver ones. :raspberry:
His block isn't stock anymore if I remember correctly...
I know he has at least forged pistons.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f87/bad-news-good-news-71889/

Hmmm, I want a 500whp Forester :icon_wink:

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
His block isn't stock anymore if I remember correctly...
I know he has at least forged pistons.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f87/bad-news-good-news-71889/

Hmmm, I want a 500whp Forester :icon_wink:
You know.... I honestly don't think I would want a 500whp Forester unless it was just for the strip or track. I just got tuned at 311whp and that's plenty fast for the street. Even at my current HP levels, it's starting to feel like "too much" for the street. I know it could be tuned differently, but as a daily driver, I couldn't even imagine having all that powa'

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Is that modliving's car in the OP's video?

Oh duh just saw dude's post.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
oh and for those who are too lazy to search, here is the dyno plot for that run...
decent numbers, but I'd imagine there is more left in the setup. 1000cc injectors running E85 with a 20g? Once he upgrades the tranny, he needs to turn up the boost.

Finally go the FXT back. I can't ride it too hard so I can't comment on butt dyno results but luckily I have a real dyno sheet. I'm pretty amazed.

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
You know.... I honestly don't think I would want a 500whp Forester unless it was just for the strip or track. I just got tuned at 311whp and that's plenty fast for the street. Even at my current HP levels, it's starting to feel like "too much" for the street. I know it could be tuned differently, but as a daily driver, I couldn't even imagine having all that powa'
its also all in how the power band of the vehicle is. my fxt made 312/330 on a dynajet with a baby evo316g and lots of other mods at only 18psi. but my power comes on hard at around 3.5k
my tuners car is a 07 sti fully built with built 6sp and it puts down over 550 and he daily drives it to work and all over. but his is a destroked 2.35 with a power band that goes from 5-9.2k so its a humble little sleeper till you hit 5k and you still get to put around town all day with great gas mileage.
i love the way my girsl xt drives right now. but as soon as she can get a albin gearset were shooting for 400-430 whp daily. she likes her power.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts