Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 APS DR55, FMIC, UTEC 6MT from Forester STI (JDM)
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Does anybody tried 4-way adjustable struts, made by STI for Forester XT (! Forester specific, not for Impreza STI).
Links for them in Japan shops:
1)STI Strut Shock Absorber Subaru Forester SG5 XT
2)avoJDM Parts Online
3)Front
Rear

FEATURES:
- 4-way damper adjustability
- Front Shock Absorber -
Adjustable Damping Force: 1820/540~2330/590
- Rear Shock Absorber -
Adjustable Damping Force: 1490/540~1830/580
Anyone know, how they are adjustable (knob, allen key from top or bottom of strut?)
They listed as compatible for SG 02-04 XT only, but why they should not fit 06-07 XT???

STI have 3 different sets of pink springs (Forester SG specific):
for FXT:
Part Num: ST2033088000 (Front XT)
Part Num: ST2038088000 (Rear XT)
Height Reduction (mm):
- XT: -25 compare to OEM
for Cross Sport:
Part Num: ST2033088010 (Front CS2.0T,SE)
Part Num: ST2038088010 (Rear CS2.0T,SE)
Height Reduction (mm):
- CS2.0T,SE: -20 compare to OEM (Cross Type Models A~E -10mm)
and for Forester STI:
Height Reduction (mm):
- STi: -20 compare to OEM
Part Num: ST2033088020 (Front STi)
Part Num: ST2038088020 (Rear STi)

I assume, that height reduction is given to OEM ride height, and due to FSTI is lower for 30 mm, than XT, total drop for XT on FSTI springs will be -50 mm?
Which set of springs will fit better mentioned struts: FXT or FSTI set?
I'd like minimum possible drop for my XT.

Anyone knows, how will be their ride quality compare to stock XT+pink FXT (or Swift) springs or compare to JDM Forester STI suspension (like Peaty's)?

Any info/reviews/thoughts about these struts will be appreciated (durability, ride quality, etc.).

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
if they are forester xt specific struts they should not have any added drop in them. the drop will only occur in whatever spring you should choose to pair with them. the height drop should be roughly the same no matter which model they are applied to, so the fsti spring should only drop your xt the same ~20mm though they will probably be stiffer than the xt rated springs. being an inverted strut design, the adjusters are on the bottom and are most likely allen keyed.

as far as i know the reason the fsti is 30mm lower than your xt is because the fsti uses different (shorter) strut/spring assemblies than a regular xt. i am not 100% sure on this however, my jdm forester knowledge is not very large.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Which struts/springs have you finally ordered?
The 4-way adjustable ones? Let us know how you get on.
Are these inverted type?

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 6MT DCCD (helical)
2,248 Posts
^^ yea because they are KYB AGX struts just re-stickered with STi stickers. KYB works as an OE supplier so this is not surprising.

Should be a nice upgrade, how much did you pay?

·
Registered
04 FXT swapped 5spd
319 Posts
Adjustments on the top?, wondering because there seem to be something on the bottom of the strut housing also. These are non inverted from the look. Stating the obvious..lol. Seems like they are a good price, I would consider these but I like running the shorter impreza struts.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
The design are AGX but the dimension looks like Forester specific. AGX are not available for Forester direct from KYB right?

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Due to lack of time and waiting for full suspension set of GroupN bushings and tophats, installation was started only today.
New Group N tophats installed:

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Would there be a benefit and or drop to swapping my WRX springs for a set of the STI pinks you have??

I've got the STI struts already but wonder how the stiffness and handling are on your setup!

Looking good by the way!

·
Registered
04 Forester XT manually powered assisted
370 Posts
what site where these picked up from?? im looking around and cant seem to find anything under 4800(RHD japan)...:huh:

they look really good by the way man, great set up:biggrin:

Edit: seen some prices ranging around 1200-1300 (am i correct on this?) complete strut and forester sti springs. i want to lean on the side that they're still pricey only for the reason that there's a ton of other coilover kits to choose from BUT that my other half says they're simplified, they're at perfect height, and they're from STI!!!

·
Registered
2007 X Premium 5MT
12 Posts
what site where these picked up from?? im looking around and cant seem to find anything under 4800(RHD japan)...:huh:

they look really good by the way man, great set up:biggrin:

Edit: seen some prices ranging around 1200-1300 (am i correct on this?) complete strut and forester sti springs. i want to lean on the side that they're still pricey only for the reason that there's a ton of other coilover kits to choose from BUT that my other half says they're simplified, they're at perfect height, and they're from STI!!!
don't forget they are pink, which is the best color to go with gold/blue...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts