Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, just a quick q, what scooby do the 4 pot calipers come off, did the old wrx have them, thanks all

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
98/99 turbo / WRX onwards I think

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Gold brembos fronts are 4-pot....averything else are 2-pot I think. They are on newage ISTis and FSTis.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,883 Posts

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Those are 4 pots... 2 pistons per side - they're just painted.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
So these are 2 pots :biggrin:.
Oh jeeees...my apologies, I forget that people still surce parts from cars that are a million billion years old. Does the phrase "scrappage scheme" not give you guys a hint..??? :mob:

Newage WRXs are only 2-pots whereas Stis are 4. :biggrin:

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my fozzy already had 4 pots when i bought it, just wondering what subarus had them standard, they not the bremmbo ones, just the ones with subaru writen on them, i must say they are realy good, what are the best pads to use in them?

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
New age WRXs are 4 pot front, 2 pot rear... both of mine were at any rate. Also the later classics were the same - 99/2000 on I think

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
New age WRXs are 4 pot front, 2 pot rear... both of mine were at any rate. Also the later classics were the same - 99/2000 on I think
you sure mate..? The red ones...I always thought they were 2 pots on both as they're half the size of the gold brembos on STIs !

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Pretty sure... The ones in the photo look like the early 4 pots (normally unpainted but with white lettering). After about 05 I think, they were red as standard. The gold Brembos are bigger though... not sure if they are 6 pots or just have bigger pistons.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
If you ring Alyn he has a good deal going on perrformance friction pads for under £100 delivered

I have them and they are fine

·
Registered
161 Posts
my fozzy already had 4 pots when i bought it, just wondering what subarus had them standard, they not the bremmbo ones, just the ones with subaru writen on them, i must say they are realy good, what are the best pads to use in them?
I am using Ferodo DS2500 pads in both My Foz and Impreza with 4 pot calipers - they work well from cold, don't squeal and are a vast improvement over the standard pads.

I bought mine from Ian @ Godspeed brakes

I hops that helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts