Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get hold of some good condition impreza classic 4 pot calipers and disks for my 1998 S/Tb, and have ordered some goodridge braided lines for front and rear..

Can I get away with spacing the wheels out by 5-6mm as suggested in other threads to keep my 16x6.5 wheels for the time being? or do I need the impreza offset 16x7 wheels? If so I am probably gonna get some 17inch superleggeras and tyres to match and fit the lot once the existing tyres are shot (they are brand new at present)...

:confused:

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Galifrey said:
Managed to get hold of some good condition impreza classic 4 pot calipers and disks for my 1998 S/Tb, and have ordered some goodridge braided lines for front and rear..

Can I get away with spacing the wheels out by 5-6mm as suggested in other threads to keep my 16x6.5 wheels for the time being? or do I need the impreza offset 16x7 wheels? If so I am probably gonna get some 17inch superleggeras and tyres to match and fit the lot once the existing tyres are shot (they are brand new at present)...

:confused:
I wouldn't space your wheels, better off w/ 16x7 or 17x?.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
I'm not a fan of spacers myself. I say get the Superlegs, you will be happier in the end anyway. That is the setup I'm running. 4-pots and 17" superlegs.

If you do get spacers remember the wheels are hubcentric.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peaty said:
I'm not a fan of spacers myself. I say get the Superlegs, you will be happier in the end anyway. That is the setup I'm running. 4-pots and 17" superlegs.

If you do get spacers remember the wheels are hubcentric.
Thanks Guys, I thought for 5-6mm spacers (more like shims really) I would get away without hubcentric spacers...

Maybe I will just wait and do the wheels and tyres at the same time...

:frown:

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
When it comes to brakes and wheels, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing properly ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, my locost has 4 pot raceleda billet calipers, performance friction pads and superleggeras with toyo 888's and it only weighs @500kgs

:D

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Just fitted stock XT wheels over the 4 pots, very close fit, but no rubbing! Probably run a minor spacer just to be safe though ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts