Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Its almost 3 years, manufacturer warranty runs out really quick. Have had a chat with the Zupps guys and was given two option.. one with AHG for the Premium Mechanical Protection plan and the other one with Allianz.

Still getting details of the Allianz one as it is relatively new?

With the AHG:
Good,
- service with Zupps is fixed at 229
- $2000 per claim and unlimited claims. Tho I did question some of the items which would exceed the $2000, apparently if its listed then its covered..
- Platinum Roadside assist included (means I could ditch my RACQ blue cover).

Bad,
- Only 3 years protection (no shorter protection period)
- Mechanical only
- have to be taken to Zupps for each service.
- Anything non mechanical is not covered.. so its not really an extension to the manufacturer warranty really....

What do you guys do when your manufacturer warranty runs out? and does anyone have any experience with the AHG Plan?

Am looking at changing car as soon as my current lease is up, which is another two years so really dont want to spend too much if I can avoid it.

Cheers,
Yots.

·
Registered
My10 Forester Diesel
245 Posts
Look at it this way - on average they make money on the deal. That is from the money you give them they, advertise, pay their sales people, return a profit to share holders and finally repair / service the car.

So as long as you can afford it is better to self-insure. - you pay for the repairs / service at the location you choose.

·
Registered
2004 MY04
12 Posts
When I bought my Forester, last month, I was offered (and bought) an extended warranty that lasts for three years, the warranty being with "24/7". The car and the warranty were sold to me by an AHG dealer. The warranty apparently covers more than just mechanical things, and can be transferred if the car is sold, for a transfer fee of $100. The warranty requires that the car be serviced every 10,000km, and does not require that the car be serviced anywhere in particular, but that the warranty booklet must be stamped (and a service coupon completed and posted to the 24/7 people), whenever the car is serviced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts