Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, will be coming up on 30K in the next few months. Considering letting dealer do it, but concerned about cost $$. I have heard my dealer has good reputation for work. I live in Chicago area (north side) and am considering trying to do much of it myself, or find another shop that does good work and is reasonable. Any ideas on typical cost? or recommendations? '03 forester X. Only driven about 8-9K per year, but city driving.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know that the 30K check has many inspect items and some service items such as drain radiator fluid etc. Most of it is not too difficult. But my thinking is: if the dealer screws up, I can always point at them and say "you screwed up, now fix it". Whereas a non-dealer shop may be less accountable. Call me paranoid.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
274 Posts
I have a 30k mile check up coming up as well too. I would suggest you do as much yourself as possible (oil change, filter, fluids, etc) and let them do the rest. It should cut down alot on your costs, cant say exactly how much though. I would not trust another place to do it. Theres another thread on the site discussing the quality of 3rd party services (jiffy lube, etc) and i certainly wouldnt trust them even if their prices are lower. You get what you pay for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts