Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went cliff jumping with some friends over Memorial Day weekend, to a spot known as "Little Falls," about 45 minutes away from Lopez Lake on the California central coast. Had to cross a handful of creeks to get out there. A friend emailed me some pictures, enjoy!

One of the creeks on the way out:

My Foz (it was mud-splattered, not evident from the pic):

An Outback we saw out there, we all thought it was an interesting park job:

One of my buddies waiting to jump:

My friend Phil, a BMW enthusiast. He was giggling the whole drive out to the swimming hole, especially during the creek crossings, and even when we were just zooming down winding country roads. I think he loves Subarus now...lol:

Us hiking out to head home, so we could paint a monument on our college campus in honor of Memorial Day:

One of the more shallow creeks:

Painted this landmark on a hill above our campus in honor of the fallen:

Hope you enjoyed the pics!

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Nice photos!! How did the subi do? Fantastic about your BMW friend, that's hilarious! Wish you'd had video. :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha seriously! The thing performed flawlessly, I don't think I could have ever picked out a better vehicle for my use. Plowed right through the creeks without a hitch. On the way out, there was a Chevy Suburban following us, and he kept catching up to us on every smooth section of dirt road (he was probably driving too fast around some of those corners), but everytime we hit a creek, I slowed down just enough to pick a line and then went plowing through as confident as driving through a parking lot, leaving him far behind. I LOVE this car haha. I think one of my friends may have gotten some video of it, it reminded me of off-roading for the first times as a kid, with my old man. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Excellent! Glad it's working out so well. You might want to consider some skid plates... Cheap insurance! If you don't have a set already.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's actually a really good idea. Once school ends for the year, if I can land a decent summer job I'll be sure to get one ordered.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Awesome and you didn't even need to put off road truck tires on it to make it there.. :Banane35:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts