Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is needed in a 30,000 mile tuning. I got a list of things that are going to be done but I don't think that the list is correct. What did you guys get done at 30,000?

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts

·
Registered
09 Forester Limited
183 Posts
Shop around for the best price. I had dealer bids ranging from $356 to $650.
My local dealer ordered me to pay for any work NOT done. They would only quote a price for their full 30 K sevice. My oil had already been changed and my tires were rotated at 29.5K, I had a clean air filter and super blue coolant in the radiator. I would have had to pay for the new coolant, fresh oil, filters and rotation even if NOT performed. I went to Santa cruz Subaru about 30 miles away and paid $356.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
Sounds like my dealer. They want to flush and refill the coolant which is supposed to stay in for well over 100K miles, flush the fuel injectors, and also do everything it says in the severe schedule for a 2009. $950 Bull.

I intend on doing the filter changes, oil, trans oil, differential oil, cabin filter and brake fluid change myself. Dealer can change the darn plugs and do the "inspections".

·
Registered
2015 Forester X 6MT 6-Gear Manual
1,373 Posts
Any one changing out double-platinum plugs at 30K is wasting time and money. And yes they are double plat in the NA. This service will not be required to maintain your warranty. We thank ADC for his personal sacrifice to the cause ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts