Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, maybe this should be posted in the technical forum, but: Thinking about doing the 30K stuff myself on 2003 Forester, instead of going to the dealer. I have heard that the plugs can sometimes be difficult to change. Cooling system flush doesn't seem difficult. Don't know about bleeding brakes. I'm afraid to ask what dealer charges (I may consider another non-dealer repair shop that I trust). Also, is the Chilton repair book OK? Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT MT Cobb Stage 2
858 Posts
Check out scoobymods.com. Peaty probably covers most of the items on the maintenance checklist. You could always go to the dealer or an independent shop for individual items that you can't or don't want to do yourself. I know my dealer has an a la carte menu for scheduled maintenance items and prices are fairly reasonable.

Oh yeah...welcome to the forum! :smile:

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
spacecadet said:
Ok, maybe this should be posted in the technical forum, but: Thinking about doing the 30K stuff myself on 2003 Forester, instead of going to the dealer. I have heard that the plugs can sometimes be difficult to change. Cooling system flush doesn't seem difficult. Don't know about bleeding brakes. I'm afraid to ask what dealer charges (I may consider another non-dealer repair shop that I trust). Also, is the Chilton repair book OK? Any suggestions appreciated.
You need to replace the plugs at 30k? :wtfeyes What do they equip the car with from the factory?

I just put NGK laser platinums in my 03......they are good for 60k+

From what I have learned on this site......make sure you also use the Subi coolant conditioner, but considering the price at my Subi dealer ($59.95) I feel much better about taking the car to the dealer to have that done personally.......what about a tranny flush?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts