Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 Acura TSX the slick 6 speed
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I've been scant here lately since my little girl came, but I still love and drive my Forester for 3 years now, and thought I'd post another yearly review.

CAR
2005 XT Premium 5spd...
Bought with 28,000 miles...
Now has 56,000 miles...
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/jeffs-2005-xt-29639/index3.html

THINGS THAT BROKE
In 3 years the only thing I've had to spend money to repair was a pull latch on one of the rear seats, at $80. No other problems at all. I did have the moonroof worked on but that was under warranty, i.e. free, no problems since. Awesome! $80 repairs in 3 years!

GAS MILEAGE
With the TD04 I always got around 19mpg city driving.
With the VF39 I'm averaging 19.5 city driving.

MONEY SPENT ON MODS
I have tallied up my mod costs, I've spent money as such:
Total = $2680 minus $700 (money from old parts resold) = $1980
In addition to this I also cashed in $1500 in Subaru bucks.

BEST MODS
My favorite is the turbo upgrade. All the mods have brought varying degrees of jubilation, but the test drive after the VF39 install was the best! I love messing with V8s! Second place, the tires, totally changed the car.

COMPLAINTS
I used to complain about the road noise and crappy seats, but somehow they don't bother me anymore. The new annoyance is the clunkiness of the car in cold weather, before it heats up. Comparing it to my Honda, it just doesn't feel 'broken in' until everything warms up. This could be age, and maybe the upcoming service will help. Not a big deal though.

FUTURE WORK/MODS PLANNED
I'm getting the parts for the 60k service and should be doing that next month. Also in early 2010 I'll be going to TopSpeed in Atlanta for a tune.

SUM-UP
Every drive is still a joy, I still love my Forester! I have kept this car for 3 years, and believe I'll have it many more.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,743 Posts
What a nice review. Thanks for the write up.

I still feel that with our subies it's a smile every mile, and the miles sure pile up.

dm

·
Registered
177 Posts
Would you suggest (or buy) the Subaru Forester or any other Subaru vehicle to your daughter when she's old enough to drive?

·
Premium Member
04 Acura TSX the slick 6 speed
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would you suggest (or buy) the Subaru Forester or any other Subaru vehicle to your daughter when she's old enough to drive?
I would, about a year ago a lady in a Ford Taurus pulled out right in front of me and hit me good at about 35mpg. It busted the Forester up to teh tune of $4000, but neither me nor my 3 kids in the car got a single ding. For my kids safety is a primary concern, so a Subaru would definitely be a good car. Though I don't think they'd need a turbo, that might be too much.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would, about a year ago a lady in a Ford Taurus pulled out right in front of me and hit me good at about 35mpg. It busted the Forester up to teh tune of $4000, but neither me nor my 3 kids in the car got a single ding. For my kids safety is a primary concern, so a Subaru would definitely be a good car. Though I don't think they'd need a turbo, that might be too much.
:) Just what I expected. ESPECIALLY THE TURBO PART! Ahahaha, I can so picture kids telling their Subaru-enthusiastic parents "C'mon mom and dad! I seriously need that turbo! Just like how you needed your XT turbo! I might need it one day!"

:biggrin: LOL

·
Premium Member
2008 2008 2.5i-2018 XT
13,235 Posts
OK..Thanks.

My 08 Auto N/A with 46.000 miles. Repairs....Zero
City Mileage (approx av.) 25 mpg. Highway (approx av.) 30 mpg

Daughters 08 Auto with 56, 000. Repairs....Zero
Mileage...Unknown.

Realize its apples to oranges.

[/unhyjack thread]