Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rather than start up something new, I thought I'd pick things up here - I've been told that by our local dealer they can order what we want (green forester in premium trim) and that it should come late June or early July, so effectively 2 months or a hair more than that. Is that realistic at this point in light of the various factors others have noted that's impacting supplies? Or is it a dealer "promising" more than they can be likely to deliver?

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
48 Posts
@bison35 Production at Subaru's plants in Japan is scheduled to resume May 10th. They are currently on a 10-day break which occurs around this time every year. The Forester/Crosstrek plant had been shut down for much of April due to the chip shortage.

No doubt they have a lot of catching up to do, but I suspect they're not likely to speed up production. They don't want to see a repeat of the quality control scandal of 2016-18 that ultimately led to Subaru's CEO having to take the traditional "bow of shame" in front of reporters. As was the case at Subaru, any CEO or politician in Japan who has to do that is usually gone shortly thereafter.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts