Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester 5spd
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided on a Forester and started looking every day on Nov 1st. Wanted a manual XT, bone stock with low miles (under 50k) and black leather. Picky, I know. Finally found it and picked her up exactly one week ago.

Good condition but a little boring so I immediately got to work. Window tint, de-badge, wrx springs, new center caps and rear sport lights. Then the snow hit! Nice timing to have a subaru.

I didn't take many good pictures once the snow started but I think the look is much improved. Arriving tomorrow are new front headlight lenses for when I paint them and a reproduction sti scoop.

Plans for the summer are maybe a sport bumper, definitely full stromung exhaust and an AP tuner. Then I'll just enjoy it for a while. Pretty superficial build but it's going to be my daily driver and I have other vehicles I need to sink money into.

This site has been a huge help! :rock:

·
Registered
2009 Forester 5MT
21 Posts
Congrats on your find and purchase, I was looking for the same except for MY 05 and can empathize with the time/patience needed to locate one in those conditions.

·
Premium Member
2014 XT Premium CVT
37 Posts
I'm looking for a Forester also, and just joined this forum. Looks like your patience was rewarded - great looking XT. Where did you look and where did you find yours? I've purchased a couple of motorcycles plus one car off forums like this.

Bill

·
Registered
2007 forester 5spd
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking for a Forester also, and just joined this forum. Looks like your patience was rewarded - great looking XT. Where did you look and where did you find yours? I've purchased a couple of motorcycles plus one car off forums like this.

Bill
So, I used autotempest.com which is a compiler of craigslist ads by mile radius. IMO, 99.9% of car sales, dealership and private, are listed on CL but it's a pita to search every city. Go to autotempest, enter your search and mileage you're willing to drive (500 miles for me) and make sure to select "Direct Results Mode" or you'll only get half of the results for some reason. Repeat every day because the good ones are usually spoken for a few hours after being posted.

I had to wait 3 months and drive 7 hours both ways to pick it up but it was worth it.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium AT
812 Posts
Nice ride, congrats!!! What you got to pay for something like that? I was just looking at a thread on here for an '06 with 81kmi, salvage title, and they wanted $15k...

·
Registered
2007 forester 5spd
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice ride, congrats!!! What you got to pay for something like that? I was just looking at a thread on here for an '06 with 81kmi, salvage title, and they wanted $15k...
A dealer here wanted $15k for a salvaged title too. I even offered $13 but no go. Crazy.

The one I got was clean with 47k miles. I paid $18k flat. Didn't bother trying to talk them down, I wanted to seal the deal asap.

·
Registered
2007 forester 5spd
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks good! No aftermarket wheels or spoiler then?
No, the wheels are good for me. Just right actually. And I thought hard about the spoiler... The rear does bother me so I'm still considering if anything can be done to change the shape a little. Decided against the spoiler but maybe find something to do with the rear "diffuser" piece that's really just a black panel with bumps in it.

I'd love to find a way to modify it into longer but still subtle fins to change the shape of the rear. Like maybe 3-4inches but that seems like a pretty involved mod and I've never gone that deep yet.

Suggestions are appreciated.

·
Han shot first
07 FXT Ltd 3 pedal
328 Posts
Awesome find. Thanks for the autotempest link! Hadn't seen that one yet.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
175 Posts
love how you've kept it looking stock. love the color too.. crystal grey metallic i think? I had an '05 STI with that color

·
Registered
2005 XTE 2.5 manual
4 Posts
Blimey, used cars are expensive over there.

My facelift 6 XT has 74k on it, but it's immaculate with full Subaru service history, and I paid £5700/$9400 for it from a dealer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts