Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sustained a lot of damage here in NJ, but a few buddies I have worked with over the last 30 yrs, posted some pictures of nearby NY ( Orange County ..... home of Orange County Choppers ). These are roads I travel regularly:

http://n2ubp.dyndns.org/storm/index.htm

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,184 Posts
Forget the rain, it was the 70 mph winds! The front of my neighbors roof blew off. There are trees down everywhere and I still have no power and probably won't until Tues or Wed. Craziest storm I've ever seen around here.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
A winter rain does no one any good. Here in central MA there is a lot of flooding of low-lying streets, apartments, etc. Our sump pump in the basement is working hard but the groundwater level is so high we've got water seeping right thru the concrete basement floor. Once an hour or so I go thru w/ the big squeegee and push it all into the sump pit, which spits it down the driveway and into the street. It is a tiresome battle, and as I type this we are still due for another inch of rain.:icon_mad:
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Premium Member
? ? ?
702 Posts
Too much rain and all of the snow melting = disaster & floods.

I really enjoyed the picture of the police officer scolding the Mercedes driver; more money than brains category.

Michael

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope so also ..... He lives very close to one of the area pictured. I also saw him on earlier today, and he was on Nasioc over the weekend. But many of our the rivers/creeks were cresting today.

Most of those pictures were from ham / local rescue radio operators in the immediate area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts