Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

$2500

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bull_paqqy 
#1 ·
What can be done to the engine, exhaust etc. for that amount of $$ to get some more HP. I know I should probably work on the suspension 1st. But I want it to sound a little throatier. :) I also plan on having it look as stock as possible, on the outside that is....

#3 ·
You really can't get any real gain very easily with the NA motors. You can change the exhaust note, but don't expect to fell much of a different powerwise. I'd definitely spend the cash on suspension upgrades to make the car more fun to drive.

Tre36 use to have a sweet suspension setup on his 03X, and even though it was 1/2 the HP of my XT, his car was a lot more fun to drive in the twisties around town.

#4 ·
You really can't get any real gain very easily with the NA motors. You can change the exhaust note, but don't expect to fell much of a different powerwise. I'd definitely spend the cash on suspension upgrades to make the car more fun to drive.
^^This...

Personally, if I had $2500 to spend on my N/A Subie, I'd buy a set of WRX take-offs and a high performance driving course. You'll be running circles around turbo cars. :biggrin:

#5 · (Edited)
WRX take off's?? Is that replace stock parts with WRX items?

I think I may just bag the whole idea. I got caught up in the modding bug with my '84 gti. I think I will just stick with my Kartboy shift knob and be happy with that mod :biggrin: but please do tell about the WRX stuff.
Like I tell my boys, " be happy with what you have, not what you don't have"

#7 ·
So if I read the sticky correctly.....
new cold air intake
exhaust system
and headers

would roughly net me another 30hp?

if this is true would that put a strain on the engine/ clutch? forgive my ignorance, I am really not a car nut. I just want to eek out more from what I have.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.