Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT Auto
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im getting ready to order my new summer rims. Only issue is I can't decide between 17x9 +42 or 18x9.5 +42

I feel tire size is going to be what makes up my mind. I want to be able to put a quality summer performance tire on it and I believe these are the sizes that have the best options but if you have a better idea please share. Oh and it would be especially great to see those lowered on STi or wrx suspension. Thanks...

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT Auto
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Crap posting from my phone meant to have this in the tire forum....if someone can please move it there...

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5MT
256 Posts
Hey guys im getting ready to order my new summer rims. Only issue is I can't decide between 17x9 +42 or 18x9.5 +42

I feel tire size is going to be what makes up my mind. I want to be able to put a quality summer performance tire on it and I believe these are the sizes that have the best options but if you have a better idea please share. Oh and it would be especially great to see those lowered on STi or wrx suspension. Thanks...
I'd worry about clearing the strut with a 9.5 et42. I'm looking at 18x9.5 with an offset of 30 and I'm still worried about clearing the strut with 245/40/18's

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5MT
256 Posts
According to this calculator and the specs google provided me for my current 04sti wheels I shouldn't have any issues in that regard...

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com
In that case I probably shouldn't be geekin about my 18x9.5 et30's not clearing anything. I just feel like going from a 16x6.5 to an 18x9.5 will be complicated on a car like this.

As for tire size, 245/40r18 is 1% shorter than stock tires and the size I'd recommend.

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT Auto
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Factory for a 2012 is 225-55-17 and according to that calculator will be almost dead on at 60mph (59.7) unless I'm reading something wrong which is possible lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts