Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'05 Forester XT, wheels are 17x8 +45 offset, rideing on FSTI springs on OE struts (struts will be replaced with KYB's soon) I've searched and haven't found anyone running this setup.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,758 Posts
I can say this setup (et48) did not rub on my 07 XT with OEM suspension when I pulled off the coilovers before winter.

·
Registered
2005 5MT Legacy GT Wagon
55 Posts
What tires? You should be OK on the strut side as long as they don't have a really really beefy section width. I run 245/45 Bridgestone RE760s on +50 17x8 wheels, and have a few millimeters of clearance to the strut. No rubbing on the fender- but I have a few inches of fender gap on FSTi pinks/Koni inserts in stock strut housings, with 22mm rear sway.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
I have run 245/45/17 tires on 17x8 et 40 wheels without issue on my SG and SF on FSTi takeoff's (similar drop to swifts) without any issues. I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! 245's ordered! I'll let everyone know if they fit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the answer is no. But it's damn close! There's just over a credit card's worth of clearance between the rear strut and tire. I'll probably end up getting 3mm set spacers, just to give a little extra room.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No there didn't seem to be any resistance when I turned them, and I've now driven on them a few miles and haven't smelled any burning rubber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts