Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 miles per gallon anyone?
when you are in the throttle, 5 if you are lucky:)

ID claims great idle and excellent drivability, which I can buy. the 2000cc injectors are literally half the physical size of standard injectors. I imagine the armature mass is quite low and the inductance of the coil is probaby quite low as well. If those two things are true, the response time (latency) of the injector would be rather low, which would make control at tiny pulse lengths attainable. This would solve the driveability issues normally seen with larger injectors.
:woohoo:

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
I've heard good things about ID's 1200's so I'd expect the same, but no personal experience w/ either.

Oh goodness, I'm smell E85 and a big turbo.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard good things about ID's 1200's so I'd expect the same, but no personal experience w/ either.

Oh goodness, I'm smell E85 and a big turbo.
You're nose doesn't decieve you:) I'll give you a hint: It involves two turbos, one small, and one big:) And yes, of course, E85 is in the picture...

Just imagine a flat torque curve. A solid 400 lb-ft from 1800 rpm to redline, on a 2.0L. By my calculations, I have it figured out how to get there. Now I just have to prove my calcuations...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts