Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title states. How well do they fit?

I am in debate of 215/65s or trying the 215/70s

I have seen a few references to them fitting the on the foresters BUT not much other then just a "they fit". So I am looking to hear from those with first hand experience.

SG ('08) Forester/s
stock hight
Factory 16" steelies will be used

Any clearance issues with the added diameter of the 215/70s?
I can see the possibility of the fronts rubbing in a turn with some suspension compression as they are almost 2" taller.

Sears currently has the Firestone WinterForce for a decent price, However the 70 series is $10 less.

215/65-16 $72.46
215/70-16 $62.46

So can I save $40 on a set and get a taller tire that fits well?

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
The 215/65 will fit. That I'm sure of. For the 215/70 won't fit an SF because of the rear spring perch. It barely fits with 65. The SG has a bit more clearence there but if it can take 70 without rubbing I can't say for sure.
Someone else may have some experience there. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Honestly with the winterforce I would stick to the 65 at most. They are pretty soft and heavy, you'll definitely feel the difference. It may rub the front wheel wells with the suspension flex and steering at full lock (my 65 rub like that, but with wrx suspension, they don't rub during normal driving).

I think it would drive much better with the 65 than the 70, but I don't know if its worth the 40$ difference. Would sears let you return them if they don't fit?

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would sears let you return them if they don't fit?
Probably not in my case, I have my own tire equipment so I would be just buying the tires over the counter and mounting... at home.

It is sounding like the general consensus is what I thought "they fit, but not well".

I probably wont be doing anything for a week or so, so if any one that has run them wants to chime in go ahead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts