190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
That looks pretty good.
You need a saggy butt spacer for the rear though.

Are you sure you have no rubbing? Did you try it off road yet? My winter tire is 215/65R16 and they are very tight but I am also lowered on Swift.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
You sure they don't hit when you go over potholes or other bumps? Look pretty tight fit.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SubieOutlaw the road noise is not bad at all, they make less noise then the wind noise my FOZ makes,even after the foam under the door seal fix.

Augie Id have less saggy butt if I didnt have all my work tools in the hatch.:biggrin:

Lone Ranger no rubbing over pot holes or curbs or at full lock. I havent had it off road yet since I only installed the skins 4 hrs ago.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im also hoping to put a 2" lift on it in the near future also.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments! :tongue:

·
Registered
2009 Impreza
92 Posts
are you going to go with bigger tires if you end up lifting it?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are you going to go with bigger tires if you end up lifting it?
No, the bottom strut plate is the limiting factor for tire size unless a strut bottom lift was welded on. :icon_cry: Im also running out of room in the wheel wells so Id need to do some plastic/sheetmetal trimming.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks great man.
Thanks!

I never thought that Id see the day that I had 300whp and a lift on something other than a truck.......... but Im not complaining! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
619 Posts
Heres another confirmation of AT tires that will fit with no clearance or rubbing issues! Got em for $83 a piece also!
are those the ones the t/a ko's I saw for sale on the rack site?

wow that is tight ! I was looking at those and was told by smash that at full lock they would rub .... are you sure they don't ? ]

also please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that lifting a foz also moves the position of teh rear wheels forward slightly ...

it looks bad a$$ and I was seriously considering the same tires ... I will be following for updates verrry closely :biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
619 Posts
SubieOutlaw the road noise is not bad at all, they make less noise then the wind noise my FOZ makes,even after the foam under the door seal fix.

Augie Id have less saggy butt if I didnt have all my work tools in the hatch.:biggrin:

Lone Ranger no rubbing over pot holes or curbs or at full lock. I havent had it off road yet since I only installed the skins 4 hrs ago.
have you driven around w/o all the tools in the back ... is there a rub with the back tires ? Man I really want those now!! lol

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Up date there is a very "slight" rub on the back side in the front fender wells at 2/3 to lock. It touches on the bumped out part of the mud flap/inner fender well. Not enough to need to cut but it could be bad during severe articulation.

No rubbing anywhere else and I was doing some moderate off roading today.

2003Suby they are on sale at tire-easy.com. Originally $152 I believe. Just choose light truck tires and enter size. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts