Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got this sucker tuned. It pulls so much harder then the vf48...it's pretty violent. Yes I'm saving up for the ppg.

Here are the final numbers. My tuner said with tgv deletes I can likely hit 400 whp.

here's the old 20psi tune. you'll notice that the 20g has more torque throughout the entire rpm range.

Mod list:

Blouch Td05 20G 8cm
Grimmspeed P&P Hi Flow Manifolds
Cobb Turboback
1000cc DW
Fuel rails
TurboXS tmic
Cobb Intake (apparently also a limiting factor - too small so tuner had to adjust for it)
Walbro Pump
E85

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
165 Posts
nice to see it worked out good for you. How hard was it to stay out of boost until you got it tuned? It would have killed me to drive it for any time without a tune :N_poke:

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like a fun ride. what kind of dyno is it and how much boost? Now is a good time to buy ppgs as the exchange rate is quite favorable for the US

Boost is 22psi. It's the software dyno plot since it was road tuned via opensource.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pump or E85? :)

Opensource tune I assume?

Any reason you are looking to go with the PPG's instead of a 6 spd?
It's E85 tuned with open source.

I don't want to deal with swapping everything that goes with the 6 speed because then I'll need new wheels, rear brakes etc.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jealous! Hows the lag compared to the 48?
IN lower gears it's not any more laggy than the vf48. I did, however, notice a difference in 5th gear going around 80 mph. In the vf48 any throttle input would make the car immediately accelerate while with the 20G there is more noticeable lag.

·
Registered
MY04 Forester XT
185 Posts
I don't want to deal with swapping everything that goes with the 6 speed because then I'll need new wheels, rear brakes etc.
No need to swap brakes/hubs/wheels etc. Can even keep your rear diff, just needs new gears inside. Use your current starter/clutch/flywheel. That's what I'm doing!

Nice curves by the way, must be great to drive!

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
No need to swap brakes/hubs/wheels etc. Can even keep your rear diff, just needs new gears inside. Use your current starter/clutch/flywheel. That's what I'm doing!

Nice curves by the way, must be great to drive!
Precisely. Read up on some swaps on nasioc. There are easy ways around a full sti drivetrain/brake swap.

Heck, if you find a 06/07 6 spd, I have a R160 rear with 3.54 gears in the basement for you. You can get a 6 spd in for less than $4k, and then you have a good tranny to sell to subsudize the swap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts