·
Registered
2023 Sport
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this text from my Subaru salesman:

"Hello Terry
Thanks for your patience.
The 2023 Subaru Forester you bought is ready to leave Japan.
We expect to see it in 2 months.
Thanks again, xxxxxx at Subaru on xxxxxx"

·
Registered
2016 Forester Touring
22 Posts
Forester Touring 23 ordered October 21st, order # and VIN# received today with expected delivery by end of December.

Just received call from dealer (Nov 12th) car is built and on a boat! Estimated delivery mid December.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We ordered waaaay back in June. On Oct 14 the dealer gave us our first update, that our car has a port date of dec 15. Safe to say we’re getting a ‘23 instead of a ‘22? Our salesperson told us back when we ordered that our price was locked in no matter what happened by the time the car arrived, so to get a ‘23 at ‘22’s price would be pretty neat.

·
Registered
2023 Forester Sport
39 Posts
@jjjjsuba A December port date would line up with Dec/Jan delivery. Those of us who ordered 2023s in October are falling into that same time frame. I would say you’re getting a 2023, but thats just my guess.

Also depending on the trim you selected - they stopped orders on the 22 Base, Premium, and Sport trims LONG ago (june/july range), so if you ordered one of those trims I’d also lean more towards you getting a 23.

Wilderness, Limited, Touring - your guess is as good as mine as the orders stayed open longer and dealers still show 22s for these trims in transit. If you picked Wilderness then I’d guess its a 22.

·
Registered
Wilderness (ordered)
26 Posts
I ordered a Wilderness in the same time frame and the car was built Oct 18, with expected delivery in late Nov/early Dec. If your dealer has a VIN, you can check on MySubaru by registering there. Mine is still a 2022 (which is kind of disappointing at this late date, given that basically it adds a full year of depreciation relative to a '23)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
I ordered my first 2023 Subaru Forester(base) on 8th of October through a dealer in Toronto but till date, i don't have any idea when I shall get it. I contacted the dealer but no definite answer .I seek help from other members, whether or not I should wait with patience to hear from dealer or I should upgrade the trim to increase my chances to get it sooner.

·
Registered
2023 Forester Sport
39 Posts
Those of us who ordered in early October were told month of December or January for delivery. I do not have a VIN yet, and I was told when i ordered that if I picked a different trim or option package that it would NOT speed up delivery. Everything was the same timeframe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a Wilderness in the same time frame and the car was built Oct 18, with expected delivery in late Nov/early Dec. If your dealer has a VIN, you can check on MySubaru by registering there. Mine is still a 2022 (which is kind of disappointing at this late date, given that basically it adds a full year of depreciation relative to a '23)
How to order new one directly from dealer? Are they charge any extra? or they will decide the final OTD once the car arrivals?

·
Registered
2023 ordered
120 Posts
Acordding to my salesman my Premier is now on a boat from Japan so I would guess early to mid January to get my car, which will be nice since I ordered in June lol. I understand that the order didnt technically get put in then but it was when I put the deposit down

·
Registered
2023 Sport
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How to order new one directly from dealer? Are they charge any extra? or they will decide the final OTD once the car arrivals?
In my negotiations, we went back and forth on my trade-in value over a few days ( 1 hour at the dealer, then a couple of texts and a phone call over 2 more days).
The difference would be the MSRP + freight + any other fees listed by the distributor from Subaru Canada's website minus the trade-in value.
None of those fees were market adjustments; they were the typical doc fee ($395), A/C levy (a $100 tax started back in 1978 when the first oil crisis hit on cars with A/C), and a $4/tire recycling fee ($20)
They guaranteed my trade-in value in writing for as long as I had to wait.
If at any time I wanted to cancel, they would refund my $1000 reservation deposit.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just show up at a dealer and tell them you want to order a car ;)

Virtually all Subaru dealers charge MSRP exactly for orders, though it never hurts to ask for a better deal. Some are still accepting VIP pricing (a couple thousand below MSRP) but that’s getting hard to come by. It used to be that orders “cost extra” in the sense that it was pretty normal to be able to buy a car on the lot well below MSRP—not really the case right now.

Exact OTD is still negotiated at delivery/signing. The price of the car itself shouldn’t change at that time compared to when you ordered, but OTD depends on financing, extended warranties, gap insurance, and other stuff that you discuss when you actually buy. But in that sense it’s no different than buying a car off the lot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We ordered waaaay back in June. On Oct 14 the dealer gave us our first update, that our car has a port date of dec 15. Safe to say we’re getting a ‘23 instead of a ‘22? Our salesperson told us back when we ordered that our price was locked in no matter what happened by the time the car arrived, so to get a ‘23 at ‘22’s price would be pretty neat.
Just thought I’d pop in for an update. Haven’t heard anything directly from the dealer, but I think my car just showed up as “in transit” on the dealer’s website, and it looks like it’ll be the first ‘23 that arrives on the lot!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts