Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2022 Forester Touring
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All:

I just purchased a 2022 Touring, and while I understand the vehicle is a brick, the wind noise from the drivers side door is horrendous. Worse than I have ever heard in any vehicle I have owned. Possible to bend the window frame slightly to tighten up the contact point? Any suggestions out there?

· Registered
2022 Forester Touring
32 Posts
My wife complained about wind noise in her new 22 compared to her 15. I removed the cross bars that came on it and problem solved. Hope this helps.

· Registered
2020 Forester Sport and 2019 Forester Touring
112 Posts
the cross bars do cause noise. and add a rack (i have the thule) really adds noise which makes it hard to roll down the road with the sun roof open.

· Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Base Model
293 Posts
Don't ever try to bend the window frame!

Cars are manufactured to certain tolerances to make sure they seal properly from water, air, etc. A modern car is not a 60's chevy where you can bump and "finesse" things back into shape.

Definatey check with the dealer if it is defective.

· Registered
2016 2.5 Limited
6 Posts
+! on rack crossbars. Every vehicle I've owned that had a roof rack needed an air foil at the leading edge to quiet it down. My 2008 Xterra came with one and wind noise was not an issue.

The seals around the door and window openings can also cause wind noise if they don't fit properly. Ditto for the windshield seal even on a new car.

· Registered
2022 Forester Touring
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your replies. No racks on the vehicle. I'll let the dealership deal with it, but being an old timer, I'm ready to place the 2x4 and give it a shove. I can almost guarantee that if the vehicle goes into the body shop, that's exactly what they will do when no one's looking.

· Registered
2022 Forester Touring
32 Posts
@Chickenlips I used to work in a body shop and thats probably what will happen, but it's on them to get it right. Do the dollar bill trick to see if you can pin-point the issue. Open the door, put the bill between the door and seal and slowly close the door. You shouldn't be able to pull it easily, if it's adjusted properly. This works like a charm but takes time to cover the whole area.

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
2,381 Posts
Mine is pretty quiet upto about 80 or if its really windy out.
Not as quiet as the jeep cherokee with triple(?) door seals though.

· Registered
2022 Forester 2.5x Limited (Australian)
6 Posts
I have weathershields on my windows and whispbar roof racks and it's quiet as a mouse even up to 110kmph, windows opened and closed.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

· Registered
2022 Forester Touring
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have weathershields on my windows and whispbar roof racks and it's quiet as a mouse even up to 110kmph, windows opened and closed. View attachment 578154
Nice looking Forester. What window shields are those? Also, what happens over 65? The highways I travel over here, if I'm doing 65 MPH, even in the right lane, people are passing looking at me like I'm the old guy blocking the highway and sometimes giving me the bird. Average speed along the highways on the east coast, if conditions allow, are between 75 and 85. Even if conditions are bad, (snow, heavy rain), most crazies are still doing that. One of the main reasons I own a Forester is to protect myself and wife from them. Sorry, off topic, thank you for your input.

· Registered
6 Posts
Nice looking Forester. What window shields are those? Also, what happens over 65? The highways I travel over here, if I'm doing 65 MPH, even in the right lane, people are passing looking at me like I'm the old guy blocking the highway and sometimes giving me the bird. Average speed along the highways on the east coast, if conditions allow, are between 75 and 85. Even if conditions are bad, (snow, heavy rain), most crazies are still doing that. One of the main reasons I own a Forester is to protect myself and wife from them. Sorry, off topic, thank you for your input.
They are the OEM Subaru wind deflectors fitted by the dealer.

Can't say I've noticed any issues traveling at the speed limit. It's quiet with the window opened or closed as I said. Where I am, 110km/h is the posted highway speed limit, which is a tad under 70mp/h

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
315 Posts
I have Weathertech weather deflectors on my 2015 SFP and they are not quiet even at slower speeds. This has been my experience with any other brand and on any other car I've owned. I find it hard to believe that OEM shields are any better.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have Weathertech weather deflectors on my 2015 SFP and they are not quiet even at slower speeds. This has been my experience with any other brand and on any other car I've owned. I find it hard to believe that OEM shields are any better.
Don't know what to tell you mate, seems you've already made up your mind.

But I came from an 2017 golf wagon without weather shields that would blow your ears out at 60km/h. My current setup barely registers notice at any speed I drive at

1 - 16 of 16 Posts