Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought our new 2022 Forester Wilderness in July. We live in Western NC mountains and it is great in our mountainous elevated region!

I want to install a front strut tower brace to firm up the stability on hairpins and curves in the mountains. Has anyone added this type of product to their Forester Wilderness? If so what brand did you purchase, and how happy are you with it? Thanks, Mike

· Registered
2023 Forester Wilderness
40 Posts
Wanting to follow this thread to see if anyone chimes in. I'm contemplating Eibach Pro Lift springs for mine as they provide more ground clearance, remove a little of the rake and are supposed to have a firmer ride, just FYI.

· Premium Member
‘14 FXTT; '15 Legacy FB25
1,147 Posts
The towers are so close to the firewall and the suspension has so much give, I doubt there is any benefit in a strut bar. You bought a lifted vehicle and the trade-off is poorer handling and worse MPG. I don’t think a strut bar is the solution.

• Helpful
Reactions: Kevin and bman400

· Administrator
21,463 Posts
G'day & Welcome @Subiefit

Stiffer springs and / or uprated sway bars would improve handling. I run Kings HD springs and custom struts with Koni adjustable damper inserts and when they are wound up it's like a train on tracks; well a slanting train sometimes :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts