Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport - Orange Delete
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this Fuel Tank Under Guard while looking at 2022 Wilderness parts.

(It states 'Engineered for the Outback Wilderness' but you'll note just below that it says 'Fits Forester, Outback')

Haven't gotten back under my 2021 yet to see if this will bolt up, but wanted to share this out for others to see and hopefully it is another option for us beyond the engine / transmission / rear diff plates out there.

EDIT: they fit just fine. Photo below in thread.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It should. Those cover up the existing plastic ones there on both sides, and use existing mounting holes (three of them). The plastic ones list 2019-2022 for the forester… 42045FL000 / 42045FL040 so those should use the same mounting holes for those parts.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport - Orange Delete
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
136 Posts
I spoke to the service manager at my dealership while having an oil change done, and he stated that they should fit no issue as there is no difference to the underside of the wilderness model from the other models.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Came across this Fuel Tank Under Guard while looking at 2022 Wilderness parts.

(It states 'Engineered for the Outback Wilderness' but you'll note just below that it says 'Fits Forester, Outback')

Haven't gotten back under my 2021 yet to see if this will bolt up, but wanted to share this out for others to see and hopefully it is another option for us beyond the engine / transmission / rear diff plates out there.

EDIT: they fit just fine. Photo below in thread.
Does this already come on the wilderness? How much was the part? Thanks

·
Registered
2002 Forester 5MT, 2020 Forester Touring
193 Posts
@DaveL
Correct. They mount over the plastic.
You lose clearance equal to the thickness of the steel plates.
Thanks. I ordered a set. The dealer made me agree that they were not able to confirm fitment and that they were a non-returnable special order.

The main reason I asked about ground clearance is that in the instructions is looks like there are spacers, but maybe they just fill existing spaces. I guess I will find out when I install it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
462 Posts
Ah, I completely understand now. The spacers allow the steel guards to mount over the plastics. It will make complete sense once you have them in-hand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts