Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling a brand new, still-in-box OEM Forester Wilderness Aluminum Engine Underguard Protection/Skidplate and hardware (part#: E515SSJ050 LINK).

This OEM skidplate has now been discontinued and as far as I know, there are none left. It's specifically designed for the Wilderness, and is engineered to complement the front stock aluminum and plastic under cover. The skidplate offers easy access to the oil drain plug for regular maintenance.

Asking $260. I'd prefer to sell to someone local to the SoCal/San Diego area. I'd prefer not to ship anywhere, but may consider it. Buyer pays shipping.

Any questions, let me know!

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,560 Posts
Why they can't produce them somewhere else I'm not sure
Tooling is probably stuck in Russia.

They would have to make new tooling and find another manufacturer. Depending on how well sales were, they may never bother, until the current situation is resolved at least.

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you find a buyer ?
Hi Eddie - no buyers just yet. FYI, I did a quick shipping estimate on both USPS and UPS sites with a random address to 13760 zip code and it was like $150 -- even for basic ground. Pretty crazy (maybe I tried during an expensive holiday rush - right after Thanksgiving?). Also, that was me guessing on the dimensions. I'll need to get the real dimensions and try it again. The skid plate is pretty large and it's an odd shape.

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
26 Posts
Yep…way over here in NY where parts always have to get shipped in. I’m still willing to take it. One aspect why I like it is the way it fits under the front bumper. Theres a few that have a gap and here in the snow covered north east that gap allows for snow to get into the engine area.

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,560 Posts
Shipping on large, and/or odd shaped things is generally pretty ridiculous. I get it, it's a pain to organize their trucks....

I shipped an SRT rear exhaust section from Ohio to somewhere in New York. Fed Ex, USPS, and UPS were all over $70 It was lucky to weigh 15 pounds, maybe even less than that.

Fortunately, where I worked used a few different carriers. The cost to ship UPS using their business account was a whopping $12. If you can find a way to do that, it certainly makes deals like this much more appealing. It was a nice job perk...

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
5 Posts
Quick questions - This is the skid plate that goes behind the approach angle skid plate that is stock (included) on a FW? Do we have the ability to PM on the forum? I am a new member so maybe that function isn't available for me yet? I'm interested and would be able to pick up if we can work something out. TIA

Mike

· Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick questions - This is the skid plate that goes behind the approach angle skid plate that is stock (included) on a FW? Do we have the ability to PM on the forum? I am a new member so maybe that function isn't available for me yet? I'm interested and would be able to pick up if we can work something out. TIA

Mike
Hi Mike - check your inbox for a response. This skid plate replaces the short stock approach angle skid plate AND the plastic engine underguard. The stock plate essentially doesn't cover much and is almost only for the approach angle (or aesthetics, in my opinion).

Someone posted a thread on this board earlier this year showing the installation using this same skid plate. I'm sure if you do a search, you may find it. Hope this helps - thanks!

- Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts